a shocking experience this Sunday

Options
2»

Replies

• YourFriendBecky
    Options
    This made me smile really big. : ) Thanks for sharing that, Lloyd.
  • panjabi
    panjabi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, God is great and so has the effort you have put in.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    Congrats. Prayer works wonders! I grew up Baptist, but have visited many other Christian faiths. When I was 12 the dr's told me (at Christmas) that I had cancer and what had been removed would not be all, they had to go back and do exploritory to 'find the rest' Many many friends and family of many different faiths prayed and lit candles for me. Nothing else was ever found, I am 25 now.
  • dmcbeauty
    Options
    Awesome..
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    I never expected such a beautiful testimony on MFP. Thanks for sharing! I got goosebumps and teared up reading your story.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! It must have been awesome to be able to fully participate!
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that! People who don't believe miss a lot, don't they? I'm not Catholic but I could feel your joy. Keep your eyes forward and your faith.
  • jantawa
    jantawa Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    God is good Lloyd:) Thank you for allowing us to revel in your joy
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    WTG Lloyd! That's a fantastic discovery!! :bigsmile:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That is just so awesome and wonderful. I understand being able to do things most people take for granted, and it is just like getting the lottery. Congratulations.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That is awesome - thanks for sharing your victory!!!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I just had to bump this. Congrats Lloyd! Truly inspiring. God is so good. He is the healer and comforter.
    To anyone reading: God created the first social network: Heaven. He has sent you an open ended "friend request." Will you accept?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    An awesome barrier broken...and not the pew! Congrats. I love winning the little battles.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    WOW, did I get a shocker this Sunday, of all places, at church............Ok, for the first time, in about 4 years ,I was able to kneel on the kneeler at church.....Im Catholic, and they kneel during certain parts of the Mass.....

I had pulled the kneeler down, for the elderly lady next to me, and after about 4 minutes, it hit me..........

I HAD UNCONSCIOUSLY KNEELED WITH HER, ..........lol, too funnny

It hit me like a ton of bricks. I thought, "Il be damned, I can kneel" It was impossible for a 341 lb man to kneel in the past, and I just did this unconsciously with NO PROBLEM what soever..................totally cool I ve not kneeled for at least 5 years, I just was too fat to kneel and not be able to fit between the pew I was sitting at, and the back of the one in front of me....................wow, totally a mind blower..........

See guys, we can do it........thanks for all the support. Most people would think we were crazy for writing about this, but for us, the people who have been there, we dont take it for granted......... I felt like I hit the lottery.....

Thanks for the support, and lets keep each others back..................Lloyd

WTG Lloyd, excellent stuff!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    That's great! So happy for you.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I've seen women cry when they can cross their legs again. Uh, you didn't cry right?! J/K

How much weight have you lost?
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    love it!! I'm not Catholic, but also a Christian (Foursquare - think somewhat Pentecostal/Charismatic), we just kneel on the ground. anyway, I was kneeling at the alter this morning for what seemed like a really long time praying. but, yeah, I could kneel!! I got up and it didn't hurt! God IS so good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!