Starting fitness at 60 … or 50 … or 70 …

Options
Let’s tell those 40 year old and younger kids how it is done, ‘cuz they are gonna be here soon enough!

This may be the first time some of us are getting into shape
- perhaps we have yo-yoed up and down for years
- or we want to stick around a little longer
- or we feel nasty being overweight and breathless walking around the block
- or we still have dependents – parents, adult children, or grandchildren

Most of the super-sanitized advice we get from doctors and sites and insurance make it seem like we are one foot and a knee in the grave. And geeze, those TV ads – “my dad is 60 and I have to explain to him about a flat of pansies” Yeah, let me show *you* how to cook a gourmet meal, re-build a house, tweak town politics, and write code. OK?

So finally, all of you 50, 60, and other-somethings:

1, What are your goals?
2. How do you stick to them?
3. Who are your heroes here on MFP? (or elsewhere)
4. What have you done that YOU consider outstanding? Iit could be following to the plan for months, or you learned all of the machines at Planet Fitness, or took up a fun sport after (mumble) years.
5. If you regressed,
- Why did you fall off the wagon?
- What have you done to resolve that?

Here's mine to start:
1. Goal:drop 50 lbs and get to 10% body fat, bicycle a 100 miles at one time (doing a century)
2. How: Log at MFP and joined the accountability group
3. Heroes: Oh man, too many to list. Dragonfly is one tough lady.
4. Outstanding: Started up again after gaining it all back. De-cluttering the house actually helps focus on health
5. Why I fell off the wagon: Bad life events caused me to start eating for comfort.
Getting back up: Doing meditation, therapy. Telling people NO and making time for exercise