CHOCOLATE!!!!!

Options
I knew that would get your attention :bigsmile:

Is there such a thing as diet chocolate?

I haven't had chocolate since Christmas, I'm dying without the taste of Cadbury's smooth silky Dairy milk just melting like velvet on my tongue :tongue:

I need a substitute, any suggestions?

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    it actually has more calories than other chocolates, but the darker the chocolate the more you get the "good" and the less you get the "bad" of chocolate.

Also, saturated fat from meat is bad, but sat. fat from plants is good because it's all natural and plant derived...(sarcasm)

70% level tastes like candy, but up to 85% I still really like the taste.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Diet Chocolate would be like decaf coffee.

Just have the Cadbury's.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    No substitute... If you want the chocolate, make room for the chocolate.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Diet chocolate!!!???
    qn8sag.jpg

Just have a treat that fits into your calorie intake for the day.:flowerforyou:
    24uyqgy.jpg
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I guess sugar free chocolates might be considered diet chocolate but the after effects are TOTALLY not worth it. I made the mistake of trying some when my GMIL gave me a bag of sugar free mini peanut butter cups a few years ago. I spent half the night and half the next day in the bathroom. Never again!!

As some suggested, go with dark chocolate. I actually found that once I acquired a taste for the real dark chocolate (like 86% cacoa) it even helped with my cravings. Not to say I won't still eat milk chocolate but it just doesn't taste as good to me anymore. It's not as easy to find the really good dark chocolate plus it's a bit more expensive so if I'm craving it, I've got to actually make an effort and most of the time I'm just too lazy for that so the craving passes. :)

If you really want some, buy some. Share with a friend if you don't want to eat a whole bar.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Just eat chocolate. Fit it into your daily allowance.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    This thread makes baby Jesus cry.

:flowerforyou:
  • zivasak
    zivasak Posts: 88
    Options
    99% Cocoa Lindt Excellence

100% cocoa powder (no sugar)

now you have the top ingredients for a chocolate mousse:
    - 1oz plain yogurt
    - 1tbsp of cocoa powder
    -1/4 tsp cinnamon
    -5 almonds

mix

sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top with chunks of 99% Lindt (1-2 squares are plenty)

This is the true taste of chocolate! There will be no going back to Cadbury's after that! :)
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Up the cocoa content of your chocolate (85%) which has less sugar in it and just enjoy it. :)

I don't like milk chocolate, personally, and I'm lucky enough to have a craft chocolatier relatively near me so I can obtain really good quality chocolate, with the high cocoa content I like with some interesting flavours (I'm in love with their Dark Fire, it has cayenne and that gives the dark chocolate a real bite).
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate has good heatlh benefits... have that. :flowerforyou:
  • kilsafari
    kilsafari Posts: 61
    Options
    Dark chocolate I guess? You could sneak a bite of chocolate in to your diet every day if you wanted and didn't let yourself go overboard.
  • RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I add Carob powder to my Banana-strawberry smoothies which also has medjool dates as sugar substitute.

Absolutely delicious chocolate milk shake with all the healthy no-guilt ingredients.
  • Halbared
    Halbared Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I haven't had chocolate since Christmas, I'm dying without the taste of Cadbury's smooth silky Dairy milk just melting like velvet on my tongue :tongue:

There is low sugar/no sugar choccy.
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Save up some calories and just have some chocolate... I'm amazed how you were able to resist for so many months. You don't need to give up the things you love - just use moderation...
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    This thread makes baby Jesus cry.

Lolz
  • EyesOnSize8
    Options
    I add Carob powder to my Banana-strawberry smoothies which also has medjool dates as sugar substitute.

Absolutely delicious chocolate milk shake with all the healthy no-guilt ingredients.

Please share the recipe!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Find a way to fit in the real deal every now and again. It will not hurt you.

On the other hand if you find you want it all the time, I recently found an amazing protein smoothie by Bolthouse Farms. It is soooooooooooooooo good!
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

I'd go 3 months without sex before I went 3 months without chocolate
  • EvanElric
    EvanElric Posts: 34
    Options
    FYI the sugar free chocolate has pretty much the same calories as normal chocolate but it tastes like crayons. :(