Why doesn't myfitnesspal give calorie credit for strength tr

Options
I'm just curious. When I enter in a strength training, it doesn't give the option to enter in calories burned. Why not? Why only cardio workouts get calorie credits?

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    It does, but you have to add it under the cardio section.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    As ron2282 said, enter it under cardio as "strength training" to get calorie credit. Enter it under strength section to keep track of weight, reps etc.
  • AkBUTLER
    AkBUTLER Posts: 107
    Options
    Thank you ladies I was wondering the same thing myself.
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Same thing here, I enter it under the cardio section. You can't enter dvd's either which is what I do. The sets and reps all vary so it is pretty hard to enter the number of reps and sets you do it is changes each round.
  • moxiemoney
    Options
    Okay, thanks for the info! Not a very practical way to keep track of things, having to enter them twice. Seems like such an intuitive thing to be able to enter your weight training and enter the estimated calories right there, and not have to put it in 2 sections, or under a wrong section just to track calories... probably my only very small complaint on this site and on the android phone app! I, too, just make up the weight exercises since I do P90X, and really just want to track the workouts I do and the calories associated with that workout, not really track individual 'bench press or curl' workouts. Thanks again.