Swim and Sauna before a weigh In

Options
Hi all!

If I was to have a swim and then go in the sauna, an hour before I was due to be weighed, would this make a difference to the reading at all? Either make it better or worse???

Replies

• richardsadler500
    Options
    Nobody???
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    It'll make it lower.
  • gloygirl
    gloygirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Your weight will be slightly lower because you will have lost water weight. It's the same idea as a sweat suit -- all weight from water that you will "gain" back when you consume more water.
  • denisewright359
    Options
    If you enjoy the exercise of swimming...If a sauna gives you peace of mind...does it really matter what the scale says? All small steps in the right direction will show a positive outcome on the scale.
  • Gamer_2k4
    Gamer_2k4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It would make your weight far lower than usual. Fighters and boxers often spend time in a sauna for the purposes of weight-cutting - of drastically reducing their water weight (through perspiration) so they can make a particular weight class.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Recommend for weighing doing the same thing. For instance, weigh in the morning on a specific day after a BM.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    How much money is riding on the answer?
  • CheatinLil
    CheatinLil Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you weigh in after a swim and sauna your weight will be lower but the next day it maybe higher. Your weight will fluctuate up and down day to day anyway.

I personally weigh on monday. The weekends are my toughest time. I figure a pound lost on Monday TRULY EQUALS a pound lost.
    Good luck!
  • Hammer771
    Options
    Just curious.. Why would you choose swimming to try and cut weight before a weigh in? I assume your doing a physical sport so you should be able to perform a different style workout.

If your weigh in is very soon, which by the way I perceived your second message I assume it is. I recommend putting on multiple layers of clothes and get on a bike either in the gym or outside and just go at a moderate pace. You could also use an elliptical, I would just choose a style of workout that would "warm," your body and raise your heart rate without using to much energy.

Check out Kutting Weight, it is an extremely durable sweat suit. I have personally lost 8 lbs in one hour with it doing a regular workout. The first time I wore it, I did an hour of Muay Thai and then another hour of BJJ and I have used it several times during regular gym use and it still looks brand new. I bought a couple of the cheap regular sweat suits and they rip with in the first couple of uses. It's well worth the money.

I am not an affiliate of Kutting Weight, I just believe they are a good company with good products.

Best of luck

Hammer