Dancing to fitness?

Options
Hi Everyone. I am really looking for something fun to do for my workouts. I am a stay at home mom to two children so the gym is really out of the question. I want to do something at home. I love watching Dancing with the Stars and see them shed a good amount of weight over the weeks. I thought dance would be both something I enjoy and something that could definitely help me stay active. I know that I can do just regular dance, make up my own moves. But, I wanted to find something that might guide me in steps or a routine or something fun. Does anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My daughter who is a stay at home mom got a Zumba fitness kit with DVD's and toning sticks. We did some of the videos together while I was visiting her last week and it was really fun. Her two year-old daughter loved joining in with us.

I also like using the "sweat" section on my JustDance Wii game, and I just play the game sometimes with my 12 year-old son. The sweat option gives you a good workout, the regular game is just fun but will work up a sweat too.
  • clyn27
    clyn27 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    dancing with the stars actually has a work out dvd. Look it up on amazon!!! I love Zumba, you can find several different classes at different lengths on youtube.
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Tons of things you can do Zumba videos, they also have a app that does diff Zumba songs. I also do youtube videos for all types of dance workouts just find one you really like. Also Dance fitness with Jessica...youtube her she does some amazing videos. I am currently doing hip hop abs dvd at home which I am in LOVE with. Good luck!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a SO much fun. I don't think it will teach you to dance like those on Dancing With the Stars, but is a great workout and lots of fun. You can get DVDs or video games.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    These all sound like a great place to start! Thank you all so much!