Losing pounds but not seeing results?

Options
Okay, so it's been almost 12 weeks since I've adopted a healthier lifestyle. Exercising regularly and staying at a calorie deficit. In that time, I've lost 21 pounds (yay!); however, when I look at progress pictures, the most recent taken yesterday, I don't see a difference, and when I look in the mirror it's the same story. My body feels stronger, but I don't think it looks any different.

Now, excuse the quality of these pictures. They were taken on a phone, and I love my husband, but he isn't a photographer by any means, haha. Tell me, am I crazy? Is it just me being overly critical, or are the changes so subtle that I haven't seen them yet?

SW: 154
5'1"

photo21.jpgphoto11.jpg

CW: 132

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo5.jpg

My husband says he can tell a difference in the photos, but I think maybe the different clothes (baggier) give them that illusion. :/

Edit: Sorry the pictures are so huge! Photobucket HATES resizing images, and I'm not posting these to my Flickr for personal reasons.

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    2 things that stand out to me

1- your posture is now better, you are standing straighter, tightening your core.
    2- your arms and legs are definitely more defined

keep at it =) you may not see the difference but I can (I am the same way when I look at myself)
  • Aggiemom1960
    Options
    Heck yeah I see a difference!!! Keep at it!!! You are doing great and looking AWESOME!!:flowerforyou:
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You can certainly tell. The bottom of your back there is a difference less love handles should we say and your legs are a lot thinner.
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i see a difference in your face :) keep going!
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I see a difference in your core and in your face. A new outfit might make you see it too, if you've got the spare cash. If not, keep taking progress photos and doing what you're doing. You look fantastic.
  • bunnybabe282
    bunnybabe282 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    May be just me but I totally see differences around your core. They are slight but I don't think they are the different shirts, I really do see results! Congrats and keep it up!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    What in the blue $%^& are you talking about? The poses are different, but there really does seem to be a large difference between the before and after pictures.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I've never seen Paris but I know it's there. Keep up the good work, it shows.

congrats!
  • verhunzt
    verhunzt Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Holy crap I can see a huge difference, especially on your arms/back and your legs and just overall!!
    But I know what you mean, you yourself are usually the last person to notice.
    But I promise you, one can tell that those 20 pounds are off!
    This is a great motivational pic to me! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • HappinessFreedomForever
    Options
    I can see a difference for sure. You look more healthy and fit. :)
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone! You've all really motivated me to push on and be proud of my progress. I guess I'll be the last one to notice, but someday I will!
  • Zoe_lifts
    Zoe_lifts Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    the 'after' pictures look so much better already ! :) you look happier, thinner and healthier ^^
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference : )

You look great! I think everyone doesn't really tell on themselves........ But I bet if you met up with an old friend you haven't seen in a while... the first thing they will say is... .You've lost weight??

Well done you look fab!!