Medifast Group?

Options
Hey Gang! I just put in my first order for medifast food. Anyone else here on Medifast? Care to link up and support each other?

-Drop me a line or respond to this post.

-Kevin

Replies

• JennSchn
    Options
    Have been wanting to but the price is holding me back. Please let me know how it goes.
  • queeny1
    queeny1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Kevin!
    I havent tried it yet but I can tell you it works from a good friend of ours. "Mike" lost over 60 pounds in just a few months with Medifast and he has kept it off! He is on the "maintenance" plan where he still enjoys their shakes and bars once or so a day and he exercises every day or every other day for 45 minutes on a stair climbing type thing!! His wife tried it but she was dissapointed that the first week she only lost 6 pounds and he lost 12 so she quit!! I told her that was remarkable weight loss in one week for a woman but I think she just wasnt ready (if you know what I mean). Since I have witnessed first hand how well this sytem works I have been wanting to try it - it has just been the cost that has kept me from going for it. Did you purchase one of the monthly packages?
  • deeskr
    deeskr Posts: 16
    Options
    Yes, I purchased the monthly varitety.. We'll see how it goes.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I started Medifast about four months ago. My doctor told me I could save the cost (it is pricey) by just cutting calories, especially avoiding breads, pastas, rice, and potatoes. He also shared that the patent rights were up on Optifast allowing EAS Advantage to follow the Optifast formula. I tried the EAS Advantage shakes and found them to be filling and to have a good taste, and I lost six pounds. However, I knew that I wouldn't stick to it on my own, too many temptations and too easy to cheat. My doctor confirmed that Medifast was safe, and he has been happy with my progress (48 lbs in four months!). I am actually going to a local Medifast center, again because I wasn't sure I would stick with the program with just the online ordering. The center offers weekly checkins and counseling, weekly weigh-ins, and regular measurements and body scanning.

I've been pleased with how easy the plan is to follow, especially in having one "lean and green" per day, which makes going out to lunch with colleagues/parties/evenings out/etc. easier (no worrying about only be able to eat prepackaged food or having to tell people I'm on a diet). The center also promotes the use of supplements (such as the super omegas); I'm not sure if the website does the same. The weekly checkins also give me a motivation to work out. Another advantage I am finding to the "lean and green" meal is learning to eat healthy foods. Yes, there are restrictions (for example, I am on the start up, so no fruit allowed), but it really hasn't been an issue.

My hope is that by losing the weight slowly, monitoring my weight loss and health, and exercising, I will be able to maintain the weight loss. I was happy to find the medifast meal replacements already in the My Fitness Pal database. I enter my food on a daily basis, again to "learn" to eat the right balance of carbs, protein, and fat and to monitor sodium.

It may not work for everyone, and I wish I could do it "on my own," but I've been happy with the program and the support the center offers.

Are you going to a center or ordering on-line? If on-line, what are the similarities/differences to the center.

Good luck with your goals!
  • Natalie7227
    Options
    I am actually ordering online however I still found a little bit less expensive way to do it with an independant coach. No they
    do not have an office to go to but I can call them any time I want if I'm needing help. My coach is awesome and I'm loving it so far, I just started it 2 days ago and on Day #3 and have already lost 5 lbs. I'm EXCITED about that and my goal is to turn my diabetes
    around to no more medications. This is perfect for me and my disease that I have. Yesterday was feeling extremely hungry
    but overcame it because I know what is ahead.
  • deeskr
    deeskr Posts: 16
    Options
    I took the same approach (trying it on my own first) I thought I could put together a program that was similar. What I found was that if I wanted to do just shakes, I could make that work. It's the variety without the time investment that medifast gives me.
  • finallyslim
    Options
    Hi. Just joined and read your post. I hope you are having great success with Medifast. I lost 37 lbs with Medifast and have reached my goal and have maintained the weight loss for 6 months. Not only did I lose weight, but my blood pressure dropped to better-than-normal (from high) and my cholesterol dropped from 220 to 147 and my blood sugar normalized. I have not have any bad effects.

I wasn't hungry and it was easy to follow. I actually saved money over what I was spending on food before. One trip to Subway is more than the whole days food on Medifast. I did so well that my friends and family wanted to do it too and they have all had great success. My Sister lost 120 lbs since April.

GOOD LUCK AND STICK WITH IT. IT'S REALLY WORTH IT.