Cheat days are limiting my weight loss - any tips?

Options
2»

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify terminology here:

As far as I understand it this is what is meant by "Cheat Day"

A day you have written into your calendar in advance in which you plan on relaxing your diet for the day eating what sounds good to you as a means of relaxing and resetting for the next period of diet.

What a Cheat Day is NOT is a just a day where you spontaneously overeat on your calories in an unscheduled way by having a meal that you would not have considered in line with your diet. That is just falling off the wagon.

Cheat days or cheat meals can help you stick with a diet but they should be scheduled events. If you accidently eat more than you wanted to for the day you can't just label it a "cheat day" after the fact or you are sort of fooling yourself on what occurred.

So I have to ask. Are these cheat days planned scheduled events or are they just what you are labeling days where you did not do what you wanted to do with your diet?
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah just fit it in your regular days...

My diary is open and as you can see I very rarely go over my calories...if I do it's to maintenance...

If I do go over maintenance it's the drinking and it's so rare it doesn't matter.

The funny thing is I can't eat much over maintenance anymore and even enjoy it because I am so stuffed with 2100-2200 calories...

I have actually told my husband it's just not fair...I am glad of it mind you.