Best Heart rate monitor?

I have a Fitbit flex and I LOVE it! But I don't like how it doesn't give an accurate track of calories I burn during exercise. So I want to one that tracks my heart rate. Suggestions? I know the Polar FT4 has gotten pretty good reviews but I would love some feedback and suggestions. I don't mind paying more, if i get more. My main goal is to get an accurate calorie burn during exercise, I will use my Fitbit the rest of the time.

Thanks!

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Stick with Polar, in my opnion - the FT4 or FT7 are fine. I started with an Ft7. Now I use an F40 and like that too. It has some sort of "fit test" to more accurately estimate calories but I doubt it makes that much of a difference honestly.

I use my HRM in conjunction with my Fitbit - I like them both a lot.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    what kind of exercise are yo doing? best is a subjective term. I like the Suunto with gps enabled but it's out of my price range. (around $500) I also like the garmin forerunner gps enabled in my price zone which I will buy sometime soon (around $150) I am using the polar FT7 but it doesn't have GPS which i really like so I have to use my phone for that. rather have one device to do it all and prefer not using apps on my phone.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    ^^ he's got a good point. If you're a runner and would like to have GPS, consider one of the Garmin models.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    ^^ he's got a good point. If you're a runner and would like to have GPS, consider one of the Garmin models.

also don't get me wrong the FT4 and Ft7 had both are great but are they great for your use that is where the question comes into place. like she said if you are a runner and run outside the GPS is priceless. but if you run on a treadmill or elliptical then the polar FT4 and FT7 will work for you.

I like the look for the F40 =)
  • hcjarboe
    hcjarboe Posts: 23
    I am a runner :) but both inside and out. I have to listen to music and use MapMyRun which syncs with my fitbit so I doubt I'll stray from that. I just really want to get a good feel for how many calories I'm burning. I am also getting ready to start over the Jillian Micheal's Body Revolution on Monday which is the biggest ?? for me regrading calorie burn. Its a 90 day program so I would like to know my burn.