Subway

Options
2»

Replies

• greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I think the real question is... why would anyone want to eat Subway? That place gives me the ****s like no other. Every. Single. Time. It's like the Taco Bell of sandwiches, except doesn't have as much MSG.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i'm always hungry after a 6 inch and a bag of chips, but it's because i'm not getting the cheese and the meat and the vegan bread option is the white bread which has nothing to it. So basically i'm eating vegetables and bread, I need more than that to fill me up, unless I get a lot of it.

I hear you. I try to stick to a 6 inch but it's pointless.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I think the real question is... why would anyone want to eat Subway? That place gives me the ****s like no other. Every. Single. Time. It's like the Taco Bell of sandwiches, except doesn't have as much MSG.

Maybe you're going to a sh!tty Subway?
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It doesn't necessarily bother me...I'm just curious if people get filled off of that little. That's all. I think people are bothered by me, like last night when I ordered 6 McDonalds "ice milk' cones. I get hungry so I eat.
  • SarahWSU36
    SarahWSU36 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I will usually get a 12" and eat part then, and part later. Sometimes I eat it all at once. Just depends on how hungry I am and how many calories I have allocated for each meal. Tonights dinner is going to be really low cal because I had a gigantic Jimmy Johns Sandwich for lunch.
  • greentart
    Options

Maybe you're going to a sh!tty Subway?

Hehehe... I see what you did there....

And I really wish that were the case, but it doesn't matter where it's at. Whether San Francisco, Hayward, or back in Humboldt County (hometown) it all affects me the same, gut-wrenching way.
  • DavePFJ
    Options
    Taco Bell never upset my stomach, nor did Subway. I think some people are just sensitive to certain foods and additives.

I could see if you're getting mayo and olive oil together on your sandwiches. OO has a laxative effect on many people, with the oil in mayo - you would be lubed up nicely.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

So I'm not supposed to want it because it effects you? I'm not following your logic.
  • greentart
    Options

So I'm not supposed to want it because it effects you? I'm not following your logic.

That's right. That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. Because ya know, that's just the way things work.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I order a six inch with lots of veggies. I do get a bag of the baked chips and a soda, but rarely finish the chips. I just get full. How am I supposed to know why I do and you don't? :laugh:

I have to say I'm in awe of your four ice creams in one sitting. I'd be as sick as a dog and way over calories to boot.
  • BancroftLady
    BancroftLady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    A six-incher is all that fits........

.......in me belly.

:happy:

:) haha
  • DavePFJ
    Options
    McDonalds cones are 170 calories/4.5 f/27 c/5 p - which is decent. I'm not going that crazy.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I think Subway is fecking disgusting, as is pretty much every other chain restaurant on the planet. Eating better foods has turned me into a major food snob. Which I actually like, because it forces me to think twice about where/what I eat, rather than just shoveling down whatever I can get my hands on...which is what brought me here in the first place.
  • histora
    Options
    McDonalds cones are 170 calories/4.5 f/27 c/5 p - which is decent. I'm not going that crazy.

On their own, I'd agree. Four of them, however, is 680 cal, which is way beyond what I allot for snacks. :)

I'm not trying to bag on ya - I'm srsly jealous of being able to eat like that if it works for ya. My hubby's the same way.
  • histora
    Options
    I think Subway is fecking disgusting, as is pretty much every other chain restaurant on the planet. Eating better foods has turned me into a major food snob. Which I actually like, because it forces me to think twice about where/what I eat, rather than just shoveling down whatever I can get my hands on...which is what brought me here in the first place.

*waves as she "shovels down" the chicken sausage and veggies for supper*

Eating Subway might have made you fat, but it sure as hell didn't make me fat. There's that pesky CICO thing again.
  • fjcone
    fjcone Posts: 19
    Options
    I eat at Subway daily for lunch. Either the steak and cheese or the turkey. I also drink 1/2 a bottle of soda and a bag of chips. Comes out to under 650c which is my biggest meal of the day but is plenty filling.

Before I started watching my calories I was eating 1400-2000 for lunch. (Denny's, Red Robin, Outback, Friendly's etch)
  • DavePFJ
    Options
    Subway is easy, and I know exactly what the macros are as the website lets me customize my sandwich. It certainly isn't the best, but I have no complaints.

I eat a lot volume wise, but I'm smart (for the most part) about what I eat. That's the reason I eat turkey and ham....and because I like the taste of course. If I downed 5 foot long meatball subs a day at 960 calories each I'd gain weight. At dinner, I'll go through about 7-8 cups of salad before my main protein so I can get filled up.

On the subject of fast food, McDonalds Egg White Delight w/ no cheese or that fake butter crap are only 180 calories/1.5 fat/28 carbs/15 protein. It's all about choices.
  • mixtapes23
    mixtapes23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    OP, I completely understand! I'm 5'3", 155 lbs and I used to get footlongs all the time, eat the whole thing when I got home and would still want more! I get the salads now and those satisfy my hunger perfectly.