Fight Cravings at Work?

Options
Hi Everybody,

I am trying to get back into the swing of things (was on a long hiatus but i am down three pounds so far and trying!)
Anyways, I am sitting in my office at work right now and I am fighting a MAJOR junk food craving right now! This is hard because we have a vending machine in the workplace, and there is a convenience store about twenty steps away.

So, my question to everybody out there is.... How do you try and fight junk cravings at work? Or elsewhere? What works the best for you?!

I need some help cause I am crashing here..... haha

Thanks!

Natalie

Replies

• DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I sit at a desk most of the day, and I'm very much not busy this afternoon. At one time, I would have been obsessed with eating junk just becasue of the boredom. But now I have made the vending machince completely off limits lol, and every day I carefully pack my lunch and really good morning and afternoon snacks and flavored herb teas. It's taken me a little while to get to where i'm really comfortable with this and capable of refusing treats offered to me, but it definitely can happen. My diary is open if you're interested.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I don't have the big temptations you do at work (if I did, I would struggle a lot more I know) but I do crave snacks a lot throughout the day. I bring super low cal stuff with me like sugar free jelly/jello (5 calories for a pot), raspberries and blueberries. I also drink about 2 litres throughout the day which helps a LOT. I have a filling breakfast (oatmeal) before I leave in the morning, and usually bring soup or a sandwich for lunch, along with string cheese, strawberries, grapes and clementines. There are some days where I have to coach myself through the day, but it's getting easier.