I stopped dieting for a month

Options
So I stopped dieting for a month and started back on it today I didn't gain that much weight only gained 3 pounds But my question is I'm going through the same thing that I did when I started dieting The very first time so does this mean I'm like starting over like over again. With like water weight and all that stuff?

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    3 pounds could be a normal fluctuation. I regularly sit between 127-129 and i weigh myself every day. If you want to get a better idea of whether or not you're gaining fat, try weighing yourself every week.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight really doesn't tell the story, did your clothes get tighter is the real question?
  • susalia1
    susalia1 Posts: 19
    Options
    Not really I think
  • missyme10
    missyme10 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've took the last 6 weeks off and also gained 3lb. I continued to weigh myself weekly and have seen a slow creep up in weight so I know it's an increase in fat.
    I re start my diet on Friday, and I figured I'll be starting over again. But as I am only aiming for max 1lb loss a week, I find water weight etc. really doesn't come into it. I don't get the big initial weight loss unless I drop to 1200kcal or less in the first week to kick start the diet.

Good luck with the restart x