Gained a pound back :cry:

Options

Replies

• AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Absolutely never weigh yourself the day after a cheat day. Give it at least 2 days, preferrably 3.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Don't cry. Really. Don't cry. It's going to be alright.
  • HoneydewLouu
    HoneydewLouu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Weight can fluctuate 2/3lbs in a day! It is fine, do not stress, and just get on with it.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Ummmmmmm...

You do know that women's bodies naturally fluctuate up to 8 pounds in one day, right? It doesn't mean you're a failure, it doesn't mean it's fat. In fact, unless you ate 3,500 calories (the number of calories in a pound of fat) over what you are burning in a day, it is scientifically and thermodynamically impossible to have gained a pound of fat in one day. Cool it, yo. You're good. Focus more on strength, endurance and measurement improvements, don't get hysterical over the scale, it lies anyway.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    If you are going to get this upset over one little pound....you are going to have one really long hard bumpy road ahead of you.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I have weight fluctuations around menstruation, the body changes it holds onto water.
    If I had the same emotions towards that fluctuations as you I'd be even MORE of a mess every month!! Im not sure my family would cope!
    So maybe put away the scale for awhile until you develop a more healthy relationship with it :flowerforyou:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If you are going to get this upset over one little pound....you are going to have one really long hard bumpy road ahead of you.

Yeah, this too. ^^
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Weigh less often if these fluctuations are going to worry you. If you only weigh fortnightly you should always see a loss!
  • angel5561
    angel5561 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If I acted like this every time the scale fluctuated up I would of gave up a long time ago -_- go poop pee and get naked then weigh yourself youll be fine
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Wait, what? One pound???

My weight varies by up to three pounds daily for no apparent reason at all. On days after I bump up my calories a little, it has been as much as six pounds.

Up one pound is not really an increase at all. Up a few pounds over a longer period of time, say a couple of weeks? Okay, then you *might* have a problem you need to address...but one pound? Nope. Back to work.
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hormonal changes, or salty foods, or you haven't pooped yet.
    You should see my monthly weight graphs, it's like the wave :)

eje9vq.jpg

See those last 2 dots? That was yesterday and this morning, yesterday was 166,6 lbs, today was 162,5 lbs.

Image doesn't really fit, you can click here: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eje9vq&s=8

This is awesome. Did you create it in Excel?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    success-sketch.png
  • dsb188
    dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I gained about 4lbs but I know its water weight from eating carbs. Don't worry about it. It will come off. Consider this. I have a friend that if she even eats something she shouldn't it takes her body weeks to recover. So consider the lb a blessing. Your weight fluctuates anyway.
  • _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I lost 30, gained back 20. I'm back down 18 now... suck it up, Buttercup. :wink: All you have to do is keep going. Don't let one "bad day" turn into 6 months of bad days. You're just fine! :smile:
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    :sad:

Just quit!!!
  • LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Gracious, woman, you just joined last month. Be more patient with it all. Losing weight takes time unless you're willing to chainsaw off a leg. Be diligent, be patient, be optimistic. You will reach your goals, but you'll have to deal with a couple gained pounds every once in a while. We all have, so you're in good company.

^^^ THIS!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    So you ate like 5000+ calories in a day? Impressive :D

If not... no you didn't gain a pound back in a day, so chill.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I thought this a joke when I clicked on it. Was waiting on the punch line until I realized you were serious.

Be patient. Your weight is going to change every day. Doesn't mean you've lost or gained. If you keep this up, you're gonna have a bad time. Start taking measurements right away and mark your progress that way.

:flowerforyou: