Petite Women 5'3 & shorter trying to lose the last 5-10 LBS

Options
Hi, I am just looking for support from women similar to me. I am 5'1 petite trying to lose the last ohhhh 5-8 pounds. I am currently 114.9. Before you jump to the fact that I don't need to lose any more weight I have had a certain goal for the past few years and haven't made it yet. I used to be 119 and have worked super hard to get where I am at now and I am happy with my progress. It is not easy because I am at a healthy body weight right now but I am just looking to tone especially my back, arms, stomach and feel confident. I have always been pretty self conscious about my body. I would love to see my abs one day lol. I am graduating from college in about 6 weeks and want to be bikini ready so I have some exciting things to look forward too. I am currently eating low carb and watching my calories( working on making sure I eat enough tho) and doing cardio 4-5 days a week and weights 2-3 times. Any tips/advice/ success stories? Feel free to add me!

Replies

• Welshgem84
    Welshgem84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'2 and although I would love to get to where you are, I am trying to get to 119lb (currently at 128.5) so just under 10lbs to go. I have no ideas on how to help you I am afraid as my weightloss has slowed dramatically over the last few months (altho compeltely normal as I was MASSIVE before) so any tips you have would also be good. The only thing I can think of is that I am currently the reverse of your training whereby I do predominantly weights 4 days a week and a full cardio session once (altho I do cardio weights most days with the kettlebell, lunges, squats etc) as I am wanting to tone the remaining lbs away so I dont know if you want to swap cardio and weights around - my best mate is a personal trainer and this is what he has told me to do but I dont know if it would work for anyone else. I have no idea if all that even made sense let alone helpful!! lol!
  • LaurenAJ91
    LaurenAJ91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey petite ladies!
    I've decided (a week ago) to take this weight loss thing seriously. And it is very long and slow by myself!
    At 4'11 (and a half) and 106lbs and a small frame my ideal weight would be ~98lbs.
    Last time I gave weight loss a proper crack I was 16 years old and went from 114lb to 84lbs, ended up with an eating disorder that has haunted me for years. Now I'm 22 and happy to give it another go, the healthy way.

I go to the gym 5 days a week as I am now totally addicted to exercise, BUT I love eating, so this hasn't really done anything for my weight except helped me maintain it. The only way I see results is restricting and eating healthily, and I can see results already :)
    I usually focus on cardio at the gym, but I would like to tone too, and I am looking for any tips on weights for petite girls at the gym (I have a dodgy back that I keep managing to put out, so high reps of low weights would be ideal).

I gained the 'fresher's 15' when I started University and came back at Christmas to shifty looks, a few 'what happened to you?'s' and my Dad thought I looked 'really happy' :/ so I have learnt that gaining a few pounds when you're petite looks a little extreme compared to someone a few inches taller. However, I also like how this works in our favour. A few pounds down and it is noticeable already! I have 5 weeks until grad ball and that seems like a sensible goal. I hope to be down to 100lb by then.

If anyone needs someone to be accountable to, (as I do!) feel free to add me :)
    Good luck x
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I'm maybe 5'2", and am now 3 pounds from my goal of 125. Once I get there I will see how I feel. Mostly I want to add muscle once the weight is off.
  • 503pdx
    503pdx Posts: 31
    Options
    My suggestion would be not to focus so much on the scale, as you state you are a healthy weight, but focus more on measurements, inches and muscle. It is possible you won't lose any more pounds, maybe even gain a couple of muscle but feel and look better than ever. You should be focusing on body composition and not losing weight. I would increase your weight training days and make sure you are doing enough reps in each set to feel like your pushing yourself.
  • SimplySmile100
    Options
    I'm 5'1", and I'm trying to get to 100 pounds. I'm currently 107.8 so I'm almost there.
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be not to focus so much on the scale, as you state you are a healthy weight, but focus more on measurements, inches and muscle. It is possible you won't lose any more pounds, maybe even gain a couple of muscle but feel and look better than ever. You should be focusing on body composition and not losing weight. I would increase your weight training days and make sure you are doing enough reps in each set to feel like your pushing yourself.
    Exactly right. this is what im trying to do. I just cant seem to get over wanting to see the scale go down , i havent lost in months i mean i lose gain same two lbs. I just keep increasing weights as much as possible and keep doing what im doing i know i look better but theres still stubborn fat on thighs that id love to lose. Im 5'2" and 126-128. Its very hard with there being such a small difference between deficit and maintenance in your calories when your short and already light. For most people 50-100 calories over a day or week dosent hurt there loss but im finding i have to be super diligent about accurate measure weighing and way underestimate exercise calorie burn. Hang in there itll happen you sound like your going about it sensibly
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add bodybuiling.com has some great 4-6 week workouts they show you videos of all the exercises and lots of tips on correct form etc.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dantram1
    dantram1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You ladies are tiny! :)
    Im 5'2 and 138lbs, looking to lose 10lbs (or more)
    Feel free to add me as a friend, I love having other ladies around the same size to use as motivation!

good luck to all of you on your journey!