Tips for big bottomed girls!

Options
Hey all! My weight loss journey has been quite the success so far! I've lost 50 pounds and feel a lot better about my body. But, I'll admit, I'd like it if my lower half were getting smaller at the same rate as my upper half. I'm feeling great in my waist and upper back and stomach. But my lower stomach, hips, butt and especially thighs are just out of proportion now. I know fat bottomed girls make the rocking world go round and all, but do you guys have any tips so I can tame the power of my fat bottom?

Things I do: I walk and run on an inclined treadmill, use a stationary bike, dance at least 4 hours every week to focus on legs. I also do weight training. Squats and I are buddies. I understand that you can't spot reduce any one area, but any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, could it maybe be a hormonal thing? Would any specific supplements help? I'm not one to take the chemical route for weight loss. I believe in hard work. Just curious if there was anything that had worked for any of you.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a genetic thing in that you're a classic pear shape. As you're already aware, you can't spot reduce. Continue doing those squats and embrace your curves.
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yep, you can't do much about your natural body shape. You have a nice shape and a good butt though. Embrace them!
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I cant help but I feel your pain. Im fighting the same losing battle
  • changergirl
    Options
    Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. Just know you are not alone. After losing 45+ pounds I'm quite happy with the same areas as you and not as happy with the same ones. My waist to hip ratio has decreased from .75 to .69. Right now I'm just trying to learn how to flaunt my curves!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    If you find a way let me know! I'm an hourglass with the weight and as I lose it's only come from my bust (WTF Mate!?). I look like more of a pear now. A big part is the muscle in the legs I think but I'd rather have it than be skinny fat. Only solution I can think of is get down to a low body fat percentage but I don't see it happening for me.
  • AbigailWins
    Options
    Is that you in the photo? I love your shape, keep doing what you are doing and vary the exercises so it's not always the same things. Find out exactly what style of clothes flatter your figure the most and buy clothes that make you feel gorgeous. You look good. Keep doing what you're doing.