Looking for 50+ Friends

Options
Hi everyone! I just recently recommitted to MFP a few weeks ago and the forums/groups a few days ago. I have yo yoed most of my life with weight but since turning 50 (I'll be 54 in May ) it's been really tough. First, my metabolism has reduced to a crawl, so the numbers move extremely slow :angry: The other issue I'm dealing with is a chronic back condition that cancels out a lot of physical activities. My best option is cardio - treadmill, elliptical, recumbent bike- I've been getting to the gym 4x/wk for an hour and most week ends my husband and I fit in a couple walks. Bottom line, this is going to take some time ....and I'm OK with that. In looking for friends here on MFP most of the people responding are in their 30/40s. While I certainly appreciate their acceptance, I'm looking for people that can relate to my situation. Because of my back I'll never get into T25 or the Shred, I'm not looking for a quick fix and revel in a half pound lost. I'm in this for the long haul-slow and steady-logging everyday and would like a few companions for the journey :happy:

Replies

• Getfit2lookgood
    Getfit2lookgood Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome to being 50+
    Add me if you want
  • cyndel1964
    cyndel1964 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. I too have noticed the slower metabolism.
  • auntyfred
    auntyfred Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I am going to be 57 this year. I have aneurysms in my head which limit the intensity of the exercise I can do.
    I've been using mfp for about 9 weeks and until the last couple of weeks it's been going very well. Seem a bit stuck at the moment.
    I'm in the UK.
    Laura
  • gracie_lala
    Options
    I am a 57 year old female. I have Degenerative Disc Disease in my lower back and also Fibromyalgia which seems to center itself in my upper back and shoulders. To top it off I need to lose over 100 lbs. I am sure that would help my pain level. I have been overweight my entire life. About the only type of exersize I can do right now is to walk. I live on a small farm and theres some nice, hilly roads to walk on. This is my 2nd day here on MFP.
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and rehabbing a shoulder, dealing with chronic pain from it, and limited in what I can do, too. Have been using the site about a week. I have a good bit of weight to lose and its going to be a long slow process for me, too. Would like to be friends.
  • Cby60
    Cby60 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi. I turned 54 this winter you can put me down as a friend. I have lost 12lbs since February and have about 20 -25 more to go.
  • goldenrodfarm
    goldenrodfarm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am turning 60 this year, despite having a bad knee and hip I am pretty active, but no marathons for me, and some of the exercises that the 20's & 30's are doing would probably break something in me lol. I work nights and have stacked up some weight in the last 10 years, so decided my life would be easier if all that weight came off. Just started about a month ago and haven't done much about getting friends on here, send me a request if you want
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

I understand completely. The closest I will get to T25 is watching Sean T's sexy fine body on my big screen television. LOL!

Feel free to add me.
  • AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 55. I'm doing what I can for exercise and modify what I need to. I have cartilage issues with both knees and disc problems in lower back, so not doing too much in the jumping type of exercises.