New Gluten Free Member

Options
Hi,

I started a couple of weeks ago, but did not say hi. I have found the site to be very easy and fun. I have lost 3 lbs just because I am paying attention. I hope it keeps going. I am also GF. Does anyone know of a good gf bread that is not full of fat or even some higher fiber breads. I dfind plenty of options, but most are high fat and low fiber.

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am also gf/dairy free. Been here off and on for quite some time. I am not sure what a good bread is. I am still searching for one of those. The Bisquick GF is wonderful and so is Pamela's GF flour mixes.

Where we are we don't have a great selection of products.

Best of luck.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome. My family is gluten free as well. ( though i don't have celiac so sometimes will find wheat in my diary)
    I used to make all my bread from scratch but it just became too time consuming. Right now i love this new bread by Rudi's. It takes great by itself without being toasted or grilled. A least i think so but i might just be getting used to the gluten free stuff. it has about 90 cals per slice though and 1 gram of fiber i think. When i want a few less calories but still want a sandwich i use ener-g light tapioca bread always toasted or grilled only has 45 cals per slice. that one does not taste so good right out of the package.

I think the best way to get high fiber and low fat in a gluten free bread is to make it yourself. not the most convenient but its sad there aren't more choices out there that are gluten free and low fat/ high fiber.
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I might just have to learn how to bake bread. Bread was one of my favorite things before I realized it was the reason I felt so bad all the time. I'm actually very picky about it and would rather not have any if it's not good. Against the Grain has some options that taste pretty good, but full of fat. I did just by a box of the Bisquick, but have not tried it yet. I will let you know if I find anything that is healthy and tastes good.