subway breakfast :(

Options
2»

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Why eat something without knowing what the calories are in advance?
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    440 is a good breakfast for me. I normally keep mine around 500. Also, why didn't you have them heat it up? No one made you eat it cold.

She probably got it to go and it wasn't hot enough for the trip.

But that's still not Subway's problem. That would be like me getting a piece of leftover pizza out of the fridge and getting mad at the pizza place for the slice being cold.

If you go to McDonalds and get it to go and when you get home it's cold, then yes, it's a problem unless you just drove an hour.
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    440 is a good breakfast for me. I normally keep mine around 500. Also, why didn't you have them heat it up? No one made you eat it cold.

What she said....

also, "HE" got it to go...:)

Got back to my desk to start my work day and eat...

Lol sorry
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    I think the issue was that the food wasn't worth the 400 calories. Like he knew it was 400 cals but expected it to be a decent tasting meal and was disappointed and now feels like it was a waste of cals.
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options

But that's still not Subway's problem. That would be like me getting a piece of leftover pizza out of the fridge and getting mad at the pizza place for the slice being cold.

I don't believe I ever said it was Subway's problem. I said "I didn't like the breakfast I was served. Has any one had better experiences?" Though the walk back to my office is about 1/10 of a mile, so to be ice cold it wasn't heated that well to begin with.

Do you own stock in Subway?
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Why eat something without knowing what the calories are in advance?

I was fine with the calories when I thought it would be an enjoyable meal....
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I don't believe I ever said it was Subway's problem. I said "I didn't like the breakfast I was served. Has any one had better experiences?" Though the walk back to my office is about 1/10 of a mile, so to be ice cold it wasn't heated that well to begin with.

Do you own stock in Subway?

Yes....See my previous post.

I think Subway's breakfast is delicious, and IMHO, the best "fast food" breakfast out there.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    eh. I happen to like the breakfast sandwiches at Subway. I can't remember if my egg was ever not cooked enough - but it happens to me frequently at Starbucks where my breakfast could have been left in their little oven longer. I still eat there though. But it does suck when it happens - especially when I'm driving - no microwave in site to fix the issue!! The worst is with the Spinach Feta Wrap - that one is bad when it isn't cooked enough. Maybe next time just have them keep it in the toaster a little longer? I also usually don't have the whole sandwich toasted - just the egg is cooked so maybe that makes a difference?

I usually eat around 400 for breakfast so that part wouldn't bother me.