Pelvic Floor pain...anyone?

Options
The other night I did a 2 hour heavy weight leg workout double setting some of my exercises...Next day, which was yesterday I mainly focused on cardio and finished up with a 40 min ab workout which was a killer. A couple of hours after being home last night i was in so much pain in felt like someone kicked me with a steel toed boot in my lady parts. And If I stand to long that area throbs or lift either one of my legs up to stretch or walk it feels like I was kicked again... Does anyone have any ideas on this or has this happened to anyone else???
Advice please :)

Replies

• CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    No one? Anything similar?
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I've not experienced that. Just some mild spotting when I've lifted a particularly heavy weight or pushed myself extra hard on cardio. No pain, though.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i actually got it yesterday, I think it's because i had 2 cardio exercises the day before that, and while doing core/ab exercises i tend to squeeze my muscles ( like during ab work)- so i think it's because i squeezed too much :) i don't know if it makes sense, but If i take it easy on squeezing my lower abs during my workout i'm ok.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    Options
    Thank you.. I didn't think about that I was really concentrating on my lower abs and squeezing... I just wish my pelvic bone and lady parts didn't feel bruised. Freaked me out.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    What you're describing could be a minor groin injury.

I would definitely lay off the workouts until you are pain free.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Could be a groin injury as well- while streching with legs sholder width apart , don't have your legs too wide. you might be overstreching.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    Options
    Maybe... the only thing that feels good is when I squat down in any various squat form... and the last time I pulled my groin I could feel it greatly when I squatted, but for this it feels batter when I squat .

It almost reminds me of how bad my ribs felt bruised the first time I took a military core class and couldn't laugh, sneeze or cough for a week b/c I was so sore..only with this it's down yonder.
  • kellypence
    kellypence Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm a Physical Therapist specializing in Women's Health and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. Maybe a simple strain, but may be an indicator of a more severe pelvic floor problem. The pelvic floor is very active during challenging activities, and if it becomes overly tight it can lead to MAJOR problems. Best bet is to find a PT in your area that treats this, try www.womenshealthapta.org , and click on Find a Therapist. Squats likely feel good because they are helping stretch the pelvic floor.