MFP Settings

Options
lborsato1
lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
Good Morning....
I have a word to the wise.....don't mess with MFP diet / exercise settings that are working for you... I just found that out the hard way - with a 3-1/2 pound gain in the last week.
I had been down over 4 pounds since I started about 3 weeks ago, and I thought I would step it up a bit, and have found the same problem as with WW, the less calories I eat.....the more likely I am to gain weight.
I have changed the settings back to where I was when I was losing, and will let y'all know how it works out....
Have a great day !

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Good Morning....
    I have a word to the wise.....don't mess with MFP diet / exercise settings that are working for you... I just found that out the hard way - with a 3-1/2 pound gain in the last week.
    I had been down over 4 pounds since I started about 3 weeks ago, and I thought I would step it up a bit, and have found the same problem as with WW, the less calories I eat.....the more likely I am to gain weight.
    I have changed the settings back to where I was when I was losing, and will let y'all know how it works out....
    Have a great day !

No.
    Calorie deficit=weight loss
    Calorie surplus=weight gain

Weight fluctuation is a normal process. If you are adding exercise into your routine, you can see temporary weight gain. (it is water) Set reasonable goals and stick with it for more than 1-3 weeks. (think 4-8)
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    but I looked back over the last 3 weeks, and I ate less calories last week than the weeks before and i gained ?? I worked out at least 5-6 days a week and I still gained this week ??
    I work out consistently 5-6 days a week.....I was just a bit thrown off by the gain since my stats say it should have gone the other way.....
  • moonlitheaven
    Options
    A variety of factors could have occurred that did not give the results you were looking for. Don't be discouraged if you are not losing weight as quickly as you would like. Also remember to change things up every once in a while as your body gets used to something quickly. That includes foods and exercise. If you do a lot of Cardio, change it up to Strength Training. I also see a difference when I temporarily increase my calorie intake and then drop it again. I usually do it 1 week out of the month. I up my calories to 1500 for a week and then go back down to 1200 calories. It has worked so far and I'm happy with the results. I still have a way to go, but I am not rushing. In the past I have wanted quick results and gave up after I didn't achieve what I wanted...
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    but I looked back over the last 3 weeks, and I ate less calories last week than the weeks before and i gained ?? I worked out at least 5-6 days a week and I still gained this week ??
    I work out consistently 5-6 days a week.....I was just a bit thrown off by the gain since my stats say it should have gone the other way.....

You are not going to lose weight every week and some weeks you may gain a bit. Try to think long term trends. You have to stick with something for more than three weeks. In addition, when a person does not have much to lose it will come off slower versus somebody who has a significant amount to lose.

On another note…if you are not weighing your food, I suggest getting a food scale to get a more accurate calorie count.

Also read this link and all of the links in it: (it will take awhile, but it is worth the read)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?page=1#posts-16625920