Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

star trek vs star wars

Options

Replies

• mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Star Trek was about ideas, Star Wars was a retelling of traditional mythology.

winner! :flowerforyou:
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Choose, I shall not.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Star Trek (even though the science in it is nonsense)
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    Star wars... obviously.

Ohh man... Star Trek all the way...

We really are two different people! :P

Were you corrupted at a young age? Did you suffer from indecent exposure to Star Trek. Its okay. You can tell me about it. *comforting pat on the shoulder*

ONE OF US!

sxgcwg.jpg

But red shirts always die so fast. :c Be careful out there, okay?
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

tumblr_mezniqsCH41rrpsd7.gif
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options

tumblr_mezniqsCH41rrpsd7.gif

...i forgot to mention that i prefer Star Wars. but you can still bring it.

and: THX1138!
  • taoschip
    taoschip Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :) can i get an AMEN!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Star wars... obviously.

Were you corrupted at a young age? Did you suffer from indecent exposure to Star Trek. Its okay. You can tell me about it. *comforting pat on the shoulder*

ONE OF US!

sxgcwg.jpg

Picard and Riker would like to challenge your assumptions about the Red Shirts.
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The answer is right there in the name. A trek is always better than a war.

(Actually, I've only seen the first Star Wars movie vs both Star Trek reboot movies plus the majority of the original series, so I'm not in a position to compare the two. I just really like Star Trek, to the point that one of my planned rewards for reaching my goal weight is to buy Star Trek TOS-themed underwear: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/18c7/)
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    star trek is unwatchable.
    star wars is ok...not all of em.. but even the worst star wars is better than the best star trek. even that jar jar binks crap is better.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Battlestar Galactica FTW!

No? ok

Star wars all the way - Lightsaber's, just lightsaber's on sheer coolness alone.
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    Star wars... obviously.

ONE OF US!

sxgcwg.jpg

They're main characters, they don't count! Nothing bad ever happens to them. Except Tasha Yar.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    There were more people in the Star Trek universe that I'd consider sleeping with than there were in the Star Wars one, mainly from a cleanliness standpoint. The Star Wars universe was a dirty, dirty place. That's the only criteria I could come up with for giving a crap about a comparison between these two bloated fictions.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Sg1 > star trek > star ways *grabs tin hat
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Star wars... obviously.

ONE OF US!

sxgcwg.jpg

They're main characters, they don't count! Nothing bad ever happens to them. Except Tasha Yar.

excuse me while I flex my geek cred for a min - but actually it's b/c in TNG the colors were changed from Command Gold to Command Red. (Science was always blue) and Security switching more to Gold. they had a few "red shirts" but I think that was just to keep the joke relevant.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Star wars... obviously.

ONE OF US!

sxgcwg.jpg

excuse me while I flex my geek cred for a min - but actually it's b/c in TNG the colors were changed from Command Gold to Command Red. (Science was always blue) and Security switching more to Gold. they had a few "red shirts" but I think that was just to keep the joke relevant.

A change which annoys the hell out of me to this day. In what world does it make sense that COMMAND would be red and SECURITY would be gold?!
  • maab_connor
    Options

A change which annoys the hell out of me to this day. In what world does it make sense that COMMAND would be red and SECURITY would be gold?!

... in the one where Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes both looked better in red...?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

... in the one where Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes both looked better in red...?

That may be true, but it's still completely illogical. :angry:
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Star Trek!!!!
  • maab_connor
    Options

That may be true, but it's still completely illogical. :angry:

and maybe that's why they had a Bajoran on the bridge and not a Vulcan?