I don't want to give up!!!

Options
The first two weeks went excellent. I did not starve my self but did keep an eye on my portions. And lost 4 pounts !! This past week is the same thing with the big problem my portions got bigger. My thought is that I let myself think that I could lose without having to watch my food. I don't want to fall off track. The feeling of getting in the scale and my pants feeling looser, feeling just better I don't want to give up. I want to keep going. So I'm going to make the rest of the week count !!! Sorry for rambling i just needed to get this out

Replies

• He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep going and it'll only get easier!
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Never be afraid to let loose! We all need to seek support :-) You can do it! X
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that portion size isn't everything. If you feel the need to eat more, be sure to eat more of the "right" foods. For example -- and yes, I know this is being exaggerative for the sake of this forum -- 5 bananas will fill you up with less calories than 5 sausage rolls. Choose your foods wisely AND watch your portions. You'll do it!
  • snapshooter47
    snapshooter47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hang in, you can do it!
  • kelcheese
    kelcheese Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It does get easier.. Just keep logging your food so you can keep track. Good Luck!!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Hang in... we all have rough days/weeks/months.. it's expected. Losing weight is HARD WORK... it takes sacrifice and dedication. But... eventually it does get easier and when your mind and body get used to your new lifestyle.. it won't be such a burden. You just gotta fake it till you make it! Good luck!
  • Seireness
    Options
    Hang in there and keep going. I know how it feels to be afraid that I'll give up, or fail somehow and that this can't be really working. If what you were doing has been working don't stop now. Take control of your portions, make it a point to always leave a little on your plate so that you build up your will power and eat smaller portions at the same time.

I have faith in you, you can do this!

62080014.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • rissa876
    rissa876 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think continuous logging in the food journal helps stay on track. Last time I was on here after I came close to reaching my goal, I thought I was smart enough to stop logging in my meals in order to maintain my weight. What a fool I was.... 6 months later I gained, simply because I wasn't tracking and staying active! Its very easy to do that. There are many road blocks in eating right and skipping work outs, but the big thing is not give up when that happens. Stay focused, keep motivated and you will stick to it :)
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that portion size isn't everything. If you feel the need to eat more, be sure to eat more of the "right" foods. For example -- and yes, I know this is being exaggerative for the sake of this forum -- 5 bananas will fill you up with less calories than 5 sausage rolls. Choose your foods wisely AND watch your portions. You'll do it!
    This.

Include some low calorie density foods into your daily routine. Personally, i LOVE cantaloupe and romaine lettuce. They are my goto low cal foods.

stomachstretchdensity.jpg
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've found that having my diary open to my friends is really helpful, especially if I'm struggling. Plus it keeps me accountable and I think twice before eating anything when I know my MFP buds can see what I'm up to.