Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    My pleasure... hope it helps.
  • gieshagirl
    gieshagirl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i have read the nutrition threads, the BMI,BMR, and other threads for newbies. some were helpful...some confusing...well, most....i am trying to lose weight and eat a little healthier. i (for the 1st time in my life) am walking daily....im up to 3 miles a day. i have a sedentary job for the most part but am trying to get more active. my question is this...i am 176 lb and 5'4. if i understand this correctly i am to eat 1200 cal a day and any exercise is mute as far as having a calorie deficit. i am to add those calories and eat them too....i have gotten scales(food not human weighing) and measure and weigh everything. should i be at this level for much longer....getting very discouraged. i am 100% more active than i was and for the most part am trying to go sugar free (i LOVE sugar!!) i use to eat tons of sugar and grease a day...probably 4000+ calories a day. now 1200 since Jan. 5th and i have lost 13 pounds in this time (1/2 lb in the past month) should it be this slow? even with the increased activity of walking 3 miles in 1 hour daily? Help please! when i started i thougth that i was doing well but not losing....i was informed that i was probably eating more than i thought....and i was.....now i weigh and measure everything with scales and measuring sets. what can i do to lose more and do it in a healthy manner. thanks!:indifferent:
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    i have read the nutrition threads, the BMI,BMR, and other threads for newbies. some were helpful...some confusing...well, most....i am trying to lose weight and eat a little healthier. i (for the 1st time in my life) am walking daily....im up to 3 miles a day. i have a sedentary job for the most part but am trying to get more active. my question is this...i am 176 lb and 5'4. if i understand this correctly i am to eat 1200 cal a day and any exercise is mute as far as having a calorie deficit. i am to add those calories and eat them too....i have gotten scales(food not human weighing) and measure and weigh everything. should i be at this level for much longer....getting very discouraged. i am 100% more active than i was and for the most part am trying to go sugar free (i LOVE sugar!!) i use to eat tons of sugar and grease a day...probably 4000+ calories a day. now 1200 since Jan. 5th and i have lost 13 pounds in this time (1/2 lb in the past month) should it be this slow? even with the increased activity of walking 3 miles in 1 hour daily? Help please! when i started i thougth that i was doing well but not losing....i was informed that i was probably eating more than i thought....and i was.....now i weigh and measure everything with scales and measuring sets. what can i do to lose more and do it in a healthy manner. thanks!:indifferent:

Firstly, don't rush the process. When you rush, you fall. I promise. I've been at this a long time and without fail it's those who are in the biggest hurry to reach their goals who never come close to them. It's almost as if there's a perfectly inverse relationship between rushing and succeeding.

You've lost 13 lbs since Jan.

From the sounds of it, assuming I'm following the timing of what you've been doing... you haven't been eating 1200 calories the entire time. You weren't using a food scale since Jan. Given this, I'd say your rate of loss is perfectly reasonable.

Now, onto more important things...

Why 1200?

If you were my client... at your current weight and activity level... I'd likely be starting you off at a total daily calorie intake somewhere around 1500-1700.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Tagged to reread...