How I've lost 105lbs..my advice? Find what works for you.

Options
I started 2 years ago today...the day my father died. Here are a few numbers, but I still have a long way to go.
105lbs lost
pants size 32 to a 24
shoe size 11W to 9M
ring size 9 to 7
calves in inches around 26" to 18"
hips in inches 64" to 53"
BMI 66.6 to 49.1

2vwy329.jpg

2h6hfs3.jpg

These things have been ESSENTIAL to my weight loss. I drink diet tea, especially this kind constantly & water. I HAVE to use myfitnesspal.com or I go completely off of my diet. I eat salads every freakin' day and I'm still trying new ones so I don't get bored with the taste. There are endless combinations. And yes, I do take Slim Trim U to suppress my appetite. I tried not taking it and ended up eating like a horse for 2 months. I hear criticisms constantly about it like, "It's not good for you. What are you going to do, take it forever?" Blah, blah, blah. You know what's not good for you? Weighing as much as I did and still do. As for taking it forever, just let me get to a "healthy" weight and then I'll worry about stopping it. I don't think people realize that it takes more calories and energy to run a heavy body and a slim one. Depriving yourself of calories freaking sucks when all you can think about are the hunger pains and your stomach growling constantly. This stuff works awesome for me and to each their own. Find what works for you. I think about a lady I work with that's lost well over 100lbs when she asked me if I was taking anything to help. She told me, "You do what you have to as long as you feel good and it's not making you sick. People don't understand what it's like to go to a theater and worry about fitting in the seats. They don't understand what it's like to walk into a store and not be able to find anything that fits you." I think about what she said a lot and she's right. Do what works for you. But don't think you can take this or another supplement and eat McDonald's and bacon and drink Mt. Dew all day and expect to lose weight. I eat right (almost always) and I'm walking. There are no quick fixes. There are no miracle drugs. People say, "I'd do anything to lose weight." Yeah, you'll do everything but eat right and exercise. That was me for a long time.

Replies

• improvnmycurves16
    improvnmycurves16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this post thanks for sharing!!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't think people realize that it takes more calories and energy to run a heavy body and a slim one. Depriving yourself of calories freaking sucks when all you can think about are the hunger pains and your stomach growling constantly

this part bothers me...

We do understand it takes more...but being in a deficet <>hunger.

It is all in what your deficet is....

How many calories are you eating a day?

I mean don't get me wrong I commend you on your loss it's great but at what cost????

You could be under eating, under nourishing and under fueling your body which results in a lot of stuff you don't want...such as muscle loss along with fat loss, poor health, which leads to hair issues, nail issues etc.
  • BlueOrchidMoon77
    Options
    I'm fine. I eat about 1200 to 1500 a day, exactly what myfitnesspal calculates for me. AND NO, people that have ALWAYS been slim DON'T understand what it feels like to have hunger pains constantly when you're eating "normally." At my heaviest, I always felt like I could never get enough to stop the hunger. Now that I've lost a lot, it takes longer for me to get hungry, but I still get the pains.
  • grrrlwonder
    grrrlwonder Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I love this post for a lot of reasons, for the reminder that I need to focus a little more energy into adding some variety to my lunch, and especially the emphasis on what you are doing to improve your health. I have a couple of coworkers who, about once a week, feels the need to chide me about my diet, whether because of the chemicals in diet coke, or because they thinks there are health benefits to bread that I'm missing out on, or a pile of other things, but never once have they, nor anyone else, said "Congratulations on your efforts to significantly increase your life span and reduce your risk of dying of a preventable disease!", which always strikes me as the most important thing.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    What a genuine and lovely post. Thank you for walking your own path and sharing it.
    Good wishes to you and God bless.
  • FortWildernessLoopy
    FortWildernessLoopy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great post and I feel you! I'm OK with calories and not being too hungry but If I hear one more person saying 'just exercise' I will strangle them. So easy to say when you aren't lugging around the weight of another, adult human with you. I want so much to have them strap a 180lb man to their back and tell them to walk around the block. The day some kid calls them fat for daring to wear a bathing suit into the ocean, for worrying whether or not you can fit into a booth at a restaurant, getting the shower curtain stuck to you the second you step in the shower...these are things that people that have never been heavy will never even stop to question. Good for you for finding what works for you and sticking with it!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You're doing great!!! And I looked up the supplement you're taking - it looks awesome! Not that I would've judged anyways, but there's a lot of stuff in there that really is really good for you!

Keep up the good work!
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This is truly inspiring.... thanks for sharing! Good luck on the rest of your journey and congrats for what you've already accomplished.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!

Thank you for sharing your story...........You look amazing!!!

And yes.... Everyone needs to find what is right for them, your right!!! Live your life for YOU not other people

Well done!!!
  • Dancing_Laeti
    Dancing_Laeti Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
    And thanks for sharing the story.
    I think it's the best advice on here: find what works for you and stick with it!
    Thanks again.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    You look great, and it's great advice. In my case, I've not only had to find what works for me, I've had to do it over and over again as things that were working stopped working so well after awhile. So it's also important to never give up, and obviously you didn't. Congrats!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    "Do what works for you". A short, but powerful piece of advice. And I agree. It takes some time and trial and error, but if you do the work to figure it out, you will be successful. My only advice to add is: Make sure whatever you do is sustainable. I can do most anything for a short period of time, but when losing and maintaining weight loss, that's not the way to go. Go with what you can do forever.
  • Karma_888
    Karma_888 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Blue! you are truly an inspiration!!.. keep it up!!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm fine. I eat about 1200 to 1500 a day, exactly what myfitnesspal calculates for me. AND NO, people that have ALWAYS been slim DON'T understand what it feels like to have hunger pains constantly when you're eating "normally." At my heaviest, I always felt like I could never get enough to stop the hunger. Now that I've lost a lot, it takes longer for me to get hungry, but I still get the pains.

MFP only tells you what to eat based on the information you enter and 1200 to 1500 is still a huge deficit for your size. I have been morbidly obese so I do understand what it feels like to think you have a constant hunger pains but I set myself a REASONABLE deficit so I don't feel these pains. You've done an amazing job with your weight loss so far. Have you thought about re-evaluating your goals and eating at a smaller deficit now you know how to lose the weight? :flowerforyou:
  • CHUNKYPROBLEMS
    CHUNKYPROBLEMS Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you girl!!! You look DAMN FABULOUS!!!! You should be SO proud at your accomplishement... and I hear ya on the being hungry... Ive managed to find so many low calorie foods to eat just on a mission to still be able to eat a lot and stay under calories. hahaha... keep it up. whatever works for you is great. who cares what anyone else thinks about what you do, this is, after all FOR YOU
  • 7213Melissa
    7213Melissa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well done! Lookin great!:love:
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you but I could not imagine having salad everyday! Keep it up!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Glad you decided to change your lifestyle and get healthier..