Saggy butt :(

Options
Hey just had a question re my butt

Im not sure whether its cause im getting old (40 this year), or the fact that im sitting down most of the day in office, but most probably the fact that im in and out of working out, but my butt has a bit extra at the bottom, like a bit of a sag. Its not major, but enough for me wanting to get it more lifted. Im just wondering a few things.

I have flab on there, and once its gone, will that saggy bit go?

Do i need to lift it up more and then it will move up?

I have just started at the gym again, and also at home doing the strong curves which im hoping will help it. i just hope that it now isnt a permanent thing?

can anyone help please?

thanks

Rach

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I hear you...I turned 40 and decided I would do a squat challenage for fitness not thinking about what I looked like atm...

I took pics to see the results of the squat challenage (befores and afters) and I was so ashamed of the befores...

So after doing the squat challenage which helped btw I started squatting with weight on a bar (heavy lifting) Here are the results...of heavy lifting (squatting on average 150lbs) 3x a week for 5x5

b4ea3a0b-3ab6-4365-a198-c82b61b9a308_zps992f416c.jpg

So yes if you continue to exercise your butt the saggy bit goes...it lifts ups and will remain as long as you work at it...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    In for the replies.

I have the same issue (I'm 10 yrs your senior) -- squats, deadlifts and stair climbing have only succeeded in lifting/firming the upper/mid butt area -- the underbutt is still mush.
  • brinabj
    brinabj Posts: 28
    Options
    squat it out and lunge it out at least that what gives me the most results for my butt goblet squats, deep squats, regular and sumo squats and leg lifts
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Squats, squats and squats! Lunges are great as well. I also like to use the glute extension machine at the gym. Once you start to engage those muscles your butt won't be so saggy. You'll start seeing some pretty decent changes. It'll be sore at first, but totally worth it.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I was just noticing today that mine's getting better, and I'm doing squats with heavy weights. I'm also making a standing desk following the plans at http://iamnotaprogrammer.com/Ikea-Standing-desk-for-22-dollars.html.

A colleague has one and loves it.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks everyone for replies. I tend to feel that squats work my quads more so have been doing glute bridges and hips thrusts as well. It's also the last place where my fat comes off and unlike b4 I am not starving myself so gonna take longer to get that fat off!!

Sezxystuff your pics look great. Butt lift here I come :):)
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    To get max effect do low bar squats, and squeeze your *kitten* 100% before you drop.