The Last 10 pounds

Options
2»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I only lost less than 10 pounds and it was purely for vanity (I'm a dancer and perform). I only lost half a pound a week or even just one pound a month. But went down 3 clothing sizes and was very pleased with my measurements. I ate at the slightest deficit (because I was intending to be eating at maintenance). And I lifted weights. It is also normal for your weight to fluctuate as much as a 5 pound range, so just learn to get used to that.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I have been loosing around 7 - 10 pounds a week, and I've lost 28 pounds now, however, this week I only lost 4 pounds, so I think I'm at the final 10 pounds to get myself down from 13% Body fat to 10% body fat. I think the best way would be to shock your metabolism by having a cheat meal, I tried that today so tomorrow I'm going to eat at my maintenance calories or I might do it for two days and then drop back to a deficit and see what happens after a week.

kanyeblink.gif
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    The last five or ten is very very slow for me, I'm talking less than half a pound a week. Patience and trust are your best friends. Slow at the end makes maintenance easier IMO.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    OP, eat a little less.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I have been loosing around 7 - 10 pounds a week, and I've lost 28 pounds now, however, this week I only lost 4 pounds, so I think I'm at the final 10 pounds to get myself down from 13% Body fat to 10% body fat. I think the best way would be to shock your metabolism by having a cheat meal, I tried that today so tomorrow I'm going to eat at my maintenance calories or I might do it for two days and then drop back to a deficit and see what happens after a week.

10% bodyfat? As a female?

I...err. Okay.

As a Male

Oh.

Well that makes it more realistic.

I don't know, 7 or even 4 lbs a week when already lean would be extremely difficult assuming we are talking about fat and not just dropping water weight.

I am pretty sure that the comment about "making it more realistic" was dripping with sarcasm.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

10% bodyfat? As a female?

I...err. Okay.

As a Male

Oh.

Well that makes it more realistic.

I don't know, 7 or even 4 lbs a week when already lean would be extremely difficult assuming we are talking about fat and not just dropping water weight.

I am pretty sure that the comment about "making it more realistic" was dripping with sarcasm.

Yeah, the poster responded. I was pretty sure I knew what she meant, but she wasn't exactly being sarcastic. I think we are all on the same page regardless.
  • jjanay100
    jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The last five or ten is very very slow for me, I'm talking less than half a pound a week. Patience and trust are your best friends. Slow at the end makes maintenance easier IMO.
    thank you. I need to keep this in mind.