Coffee help!!

Options
2»

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    fat free half & half, or fat free evaporated milk may give you the creaminess you're seeking.
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!! sounds like almond milk is quite popular, i loveeeeee almond flavored things, although it probably doesn't taste much of almond does it? and the caramel suggestion sounds good bc i loveeeeeeee caramel!

and really 6 tbs isn't too much, it's a medium blonde for how much coffee i use (probably 2 cups).

and i drink for the taste and for those early mornings! plus it seems to help me stay full a little longer, i drink a bottle of water before i drink my coffee too. will definitely try some of these suggestions :)
  • nautiluver
    nautiluver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use 2 tablespoons of Sugar free French Vanilla coffee mate and one packet of sweet n low

Calories : 30
    Carbs: 3
    Fat: 2
    Prot:0
    Sugar:1
    Fiber :0

This is for two cups of coffee :)

Most of the time I don't even use the sweet n low but it depends on how strong i made the coffee ;)

Enjoy!
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    It just depends on my mood, but I like the flavored stuff, sometimes i mix hot chocolate in too, and sometimes I use soy or almond milk. Just take your pick :)
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!! sounds like almond milk is quite popular, i loveeeeee almond flavored things, although it probably doesn't taste much of almond does it? and the caramel suggestion sounds good bc i loveeeeeeee caramel!

and really 6 tbs isn't too much, it's a medium blonde for how much coffee i use (probably 2 cups).

and i drink for the taste and for those early mornings! plus it seems to help me stay full a little longer, i drink a bottle of water before i drink my coffee too. will definitely try some of these suggestions :)

Almond milk may be a great alternative for me too - I'm lactose intolerant. I've just recently tried some and it does have a hint of almond flavor to it. It's kind of hard to describe but it's actually pretty good. Of course, we got chocolate. For years I've used chocolate rice milk as a healthier alternative to chocolate milk for my kids. I havent' tried the plain almond milk yet - I'm not fond of the plain rice milk, as it turns out... so I'm a little scared. LOL

Ohhh.. (on the cuppage)... I use teh standard coffee mug - so that makes alot more sense. Twice the creamer for twice the coffee. ;-)

Coffeine is an appetite suppressent. Look at any diet capsule and one of your top ingredients will be caffiene. That's why you feel fuller longer. Good job on the water. I wish I were that good. :-(
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I use fat free half and half or fat free evaporated milk with splenda
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I use fat-free half and half, it's 20 cals for 2 tablespoons. The only problem is, I have no idea what magic they use to make "fat-free" half and half! I've tried to cut it out because I try to be one of these "whole" food people, but I always go back to it. It's rich and creamy and unflavored. It's my indulgence for the day, oh well. :laugh:

Everyone needs to try fat free evaporated milk. I open a can and put the rest in the fridge. It's rich, creamy, fat free and natural
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I was like you and I have found fat free creamer which I will use or I use unsweetened almond milk and stevia. Sometimes I will endulge and have a cup with 2% milk and sugar but I only have 1 cup of coffee when I do that. I love coffee and I used to drink a pot easily in a day, I am now down to a lrg 16oz cup. Still a lot and trying to reduce it to a medium or small coffee but 3 jobs makes it tough. I'm proud I've reduced it to 16 oz lol.
  • purplefreak60
    purplefreak60 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've recently switched to Green Tea, but I used to use Coffee Mate Sugar Free French Vanilla and Torani Sugar Free Coconut Syrup.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    This tip is coming from the Pacific Northwest-land of the caffeinated! ;)

I use a packet of Truvia and non fat milk.
    Or if you are not as worried about all natural, go with a vanilla sugar free syrup and nonfat milk. You can buy the syrups in bottles at the grocery store.
    I have also been known to use light coconut milk YUMM!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I do 1-2 tablespoons of regular half and half...all natural, 20 calories per tbsp, no carbs and I get a little good fat in there as well.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I have tried the non fat creamers and found them to be kinda blah and the coffee didn't taste creamy. I found Land O Lakes LOW FAT 1/2 & 1/2, it is 25 cals per 2 tablespoons, tastes good and gives a nearly full fat creaminess to the coffee. It can be difficult to find in the stores though. I have 3 cups in the morning with 2 tablespoons each. Later in the afternoon/early evening I will have another cup or 2, but have been drinking them black. Just can't do black in the mornings.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Lol guess I don't fit in around here! Ha ha I can drink coffde with truvia alone! That's coffee! ;) my only thing about almonds milk, if its not organic and the coffee is not....cup of.pesticides any one? ;)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    artificial anything..barf!

I use real half and half and two teaspoons of raw sugar in a 16 oz cup of coffee for a grand total of 70 calories.

I suggest weaning yourself by gradually lowering the amount of junk you put in your coffee, eventually you wont need so much :drinker:
  • deltadawnedge
    Options
    Vanilla flavored hemp milk! mmmmmm
  • InMyOwnWorld
    InMyOwnWorld Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Milk! At only 40 calories it is guilt free :)
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free coffee matte or vanilla unsweetened almond milk with stevia. YUM!!
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    I use skim milk & splenda...sometime I add flavor with DaVinci Sugar Free syrups
  • fishtank63
    fishtank63 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    not sure about a dairy substitute, but Truvia is a great no calorie replacement for sugar.