quit smoking cold turkey and trying to stay off food.....Hel

Options
:explode: Quit smokig 6 days ago!!! Trying not toover eat, any tips?

Replies

• rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    get those 8 glasses of water in it really really helps. If you feel like you're have a craving have some tea with stevia. listen to relaxing music and take slow deep breath breaths. go for a walk or some other form of exercise go to bed early. if you must eat grapes are great you can just pop em in your mouth and eat one at a time.

Good luck to you! i quit for like the millionth and final time 3months ago and these are a few of the things that worked for me. i quit cold turkey and switched to chocolate. after two weeks and a five pound gain i quit that also thats where the grapes came in. i went from craving smokes to sweets and the grapes or the tea with stevia would help fill that void.
    and God. I honestly dont think i could have done it with out him!

Also try to figure out your triggers and try to avoid them. I always had a pop when i smoked so i had to quit that too. and one of the reasons or excuses i used to smoke was that it was my "break time" so to get that "break" i needed i would make myself a cup of green tea (cancer fighting properties you know) and find relaxing or spa music on youtube and just relax for five or ten minutes. what a great help. need to remind myself to do that now.

you can do this! friend me if you need support
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Drink water through a very small straw, and drink a lot of it. Also, if you're a menthol smoker, Extra spearmint gum is helpful. I quit 6 1/2 years ago!
  • curt656
    Options
    Just be strong. Gum has very few calories and I would chew the hell out of it.!!! You are past the physical addiction and halfway through the mental. Believe in yourself and think about how much better you are going to smell.
  • DimCo
    DimCo Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats! I did the same last September. The physical urge should stop very soon if it hasn't started to die down already. I didn't gain any weight when I quit-- things I found helpful.

1. Switching my work out to the time of the day after the most stressful activity of my day. The times I knew I was most likely to light up I made sure I was in the process of some heavy cardio.

2. Dum dum pops. They are about 20 calories per sucker. I kept them in places like my purse and the console of my car. I maybe had 1 or 2 a day when I needed the oral fixation. And I found that long drives have been one of the hardest times for me when craving the physical action of a cigarette.

Good Luck!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You are brave to do both - I will quit smoking once I am at goal. I did quit for 3 months a few years ago. Hot drinks helped me - diet swiss miss mostly. Also taking deep breaths and blowing them out. Suck on sugar free candies too! Good luck!
  • grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I quit on September 8 2009 with the help of quitnet.com it is an awesome suport website
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    I quit on 30th October last year. I went cold turkey and was trying to be healthy too. It's hard but you can do it. Good luck xxx
  • pickledlilly
    pickledlilly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My dad used to suck on lollipops like Kojak. Now you can get sugarfree lollies.

My mum could never quit until the doctors told her she had 4 months to live. She never had a ciggie from that day and it would have made no difference to the outcome.

Sorry to be blunt. I wish you all the luck in the world.
  • jeanineadele
    Options
    My dad used to suck on lollipops like Kojak. Now you can get sugarfree lollies.

My mum could never quit until the doctors told her she had 4 months to live. She never had a ciggie from that day and it would have made no difference to the outcome.

Sorry to be blunt. I wish you all the luck in the world.

I'm sorry you gad to lose your Mum that way.

I quit years ago, I never think of them anymore but I remember going through Ash Tray and Trash can one morning when I was out and desparate for my morning cigarette...and with a baby in the house! So many benefiits to quit, more money for your family instead of the Tabacco Co., better health, cleaner house and car, politically correct, and better future for your kids. Best Wishes in your Success!