Another question for early risers

Options
I want to know, the people who get up at 4:30 or 5 am, what time do you go to bed?
I'd love to work out in the morning when the kids are still sleeping, that way in the evening when I get home from work I can cook, feed, clean, bathe them, spend time with them and not worry about "i still have to work out!"
I currently get up at 6 am, in order to get my work out in the morning I'd be up at 5 am I guess.
That means I would have to be asleep at 9 . (So hit the sheets at 8:30 basically) I need my 8 hours of sleep!
Is this what time you guys go to bed around 8-830?

Replies

• jeschauvin
    Options
    I get up at 5 every morning to be at the gym by 5:30. Usually in bed by 9-9:30. That doesn't mean I'm asleep, though. Some nights it's right to sleep, other I'll be up till 10-10:30, just depends.
  • OliviaCounts
    OliviaCounts Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Morning workouts are awesome! That is a great idea. I used to get up for work at 4:45am and I would try to get into bed by 8:40 every night but I didn't always make it. I counted 9:00 as pretty good and took 20-minute naps when I couldn't make 8 hours a night.
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I guess its worth a shot, I think I might love to get it out the way, and then I think I might hate it so much that it seems like a drag and ill quit : (
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Up at 430 am, in bed between 830-9! I am a beat when I get less than 7 hours sleep!
  • judylutz
    judylutz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing - I work out at 4:30 am MWF and have no trouble getting up, but it makes for a long day. I don't usually need a nap, but I tell myself I need those 8 hours and I have to make them up somewhere. I think that works better than trying to get in bed at 8:30 pm. I usually end up reading and by the time I'm turning out the light it's at least 10:30 - 11.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I usually get up around 5:25. I try to go to bed by 9:30. Sometimes I'll head in around 8:30, but sometimes its closer to 10. It just depends on the day, how tired I am, or how well I've been sleeping. I also don't stay up too late on the weekends. I might sleep in till almost 8, but I still usually go to bed by 10-11(sometimes earlier).
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm up around 3 daily and in bed by 8 nightly. I'm a boring person.
  • unbalanced1
    unbalanced1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Up at 4, in bed by 8:30, hopefully sleeping by 9. If I don't workout in the morning, it ain't gonna happen. I do running only on MWF and strendth with a little treadmill on Tues/Thur. Weekends off. When I started this (5 months ago) I told my family that they need to accomodate my early bedtime. Good luck!
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4.45am MWF I try to go to sleep no later than 10-10.30pm, but I think I am quite lucky as I can get by on 6 hours and I don't have kids so I can catch up with my sleep on a Sunday on my 'rest day'.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I would love to know how you guys actually get your butts out of bed at 4:45 and 5 am?!?! Lol I'm so not a morning person, the snooze button is my slave. The only time of the year when I'm up that early is for seine boat rowing during a festival that takes place in June! Kudos to all of you that can get out of the nice, warm and comfy beds and get it done! Major props!!
  • bluesarah13
    bluesarah13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5am to workout and go to bed about 9pm. I set my clothes out the night before so when my alarm goes off I can just sit up, grab my clothes and I am dressed before my brain figures out what I'm up to. If I think about it at all, I go right back to sleep.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I try to be in bed between 8:30 and 9:30 pm. My alarm goes off at 4:10 am.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I tried to workout in the morning, but my energy wasn't there- do you guys drink coffee before workout in the morning ?
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I try to be asleep by 9, 9:30 if I'm up at 4:45 to head to the gym.

On gym nights, I sleep 10-6.
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 4:30am M-F. Unfortunately, due to very busy sports schedules for my teenagers, I never get to bed before 10. I am chronically sleep deprived and figure I will make it up when they go to college in a few years.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I get up at 3:30 on school days to work out before my husband leaves for work. The nights before I try to be in bed by 9 if I can, 10 or 10:30 at the latest. It's only twice a week, so even if I get only like 3-4 hours of sleep, I can push through it and catch up on sleep the next night, so no big deal.
  • jclist1
    jclist1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am up by 5am every morning, and many days earlier than that. I try to go to bed around 11pm, but usually end up around midnight. Wish I could get more sleep, but just not enough hours in the day.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Body wakes me up at 4:30-5:00am, body shuts down at 8:30-9:30pm.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:40am to work out; in bed by 9. Getting up during the week is a ***** for me no matter when, so might as well get my workout overwith....
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    usually get up around 5:00 (even on weekends) and usually in bed by 10 to 10:30... peeps keep telling me I need more sleep but I can't function if I get more sleep than that...