Introducing myself

flutechick65
flutechick65 Posts: 23 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. This is my first time on this forum. I've lost 55 lbs, but gained 30 back and need to stop the upward spiral NOW. So, I'm tracking my calories and starting to exercise again. Problem is I'm several years older and I don't have the energy, plus in my fourties I'm noticing a significant slowdown in metabolism. However, even if it takes a little longer to lose the weight, I am prepared and determined. I once read, it isn't our weight that yo yos it us. So, got to get on an even keel.

Replies

• Hi Everyone!! I am going on a diet for the first time. I used to be really active so I didn't need to go on a diet but I changed my profession and now I'm no longer active. Since changing my profession I have basically gained 50lbs. I didn't realize I had gained that much until I started thinking about it recently. My goal is to lost that 50lbs and get myself active again so I can feel better about myself and feel health.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey!
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Welcome to MFP!! You can do this :) you will find lots of support here and I know there are people in all age categories who will understand xxx
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Welcome to MFP. This is a great place to get inspired about reaching a healthy weight and lifestyle. Get started, allow yourself to get involved with the wonderful support from the community. You will like it here.
This discussion has been closed.