Who gives you motivation?

Options
2»

Replies

• Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Also, I think that celebrities have lifestyles so totally unlike the average person's that they might as well be aliens!

I don't have access to a full-time trainer, a home delivery food service, and a personal assistant.

In a more positive inspiration, I would say my mother, who went from 250 lbs to 130 lbs working a full-time factory job, raising two kids, maintaining an immaculate household, making most of her clothes and mine, painting the house once a year, keeping a flower and vegetable garden.

She made it work: She bought a set of free weights and did 20 minutes of weight training each day. She'd do laps around the basement for cardio. She'd made batches of healthy foods (we ate a lot of veggie soup) on Sunday so it was always quick and easy.

And, did I mention that she worked the night shift leaving the house at 3 p.m., taking the bus to the factory and coming home at 1 a.m?

I didn't appreciate this when I was growing up, but she set a great example of : Where's there is a will, you'll find a way.
  • sharonmacleod37
    Options
    This is really sad but my Mum's negative attitude has motivated me tolose weight. I've always been slimmer than her and she was always big (at times massively bigger than me) tbh never thought anything of it and certainly never made an issue of it!!! But since she lost weight (exercising and fitness classes etc) and I put it on cos i had a baby followed by a bad bout of ME and the lbs piled on so for the first time ever she was smaller than me and she's ALWAYS making snide comments. The other day I asked to borrow a pair of tights cos we were visiting and i'd left mine. She told me there was NO way they'd fit me, I was like er I'm bigger than you but tights do stretch ssiiigghh. I'm only btw maybe 2 or 3 dress sizes bigger than her NOT 10 LOL Anyway that motivated me. I love my Mum don't get me wrong but I did think grrrr that's the final straw this weight has gotta come off loool
  • sharonmacleod37
    Options
    Cassandra only noticed your post after I wrote mine and felt ashamed CRINGE cos Christ is a big influence for good in my life and really he should've come to mind first!!!!
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    There is this woman who runs through my town with her dog.....she has an awesome body (the woman not the dog!)
  • ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Not sure if there's a who for me. I motivate myself I guess but it can be damn hard to get it going.
    I've got this as an MP3 on my ipod and every time my exercise class comes round it's the first track on my playlist before I even walk out of the door, it makes me want to get out there and do it, makes me want to run faster, lift heavier, sweat more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY4uvgSpXwQ