To quest or not to quest?

Options
never tried quest bars they look awesome!! What do you think? Are they as good as they look? Worth ordering them to the uk? And which are the best flavours?

Replies

• MARISSA2931
    MARISSA2931 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I love them. Cookies N Cream is by far the best one. It's got white chocolate chunks and I throw it in the microwave for 8-10 seconds and it tastes like a warm gooey treat, but it also fills me up!
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    If you don't quest, you're never going to get your XP up and hit that next level.
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i've tried them and they tasted like sawdust, but those that like them seem to really love them.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are awesome! I love the cashew coconut & chocolate brownie. Cookies and cream & vanilla almond are good too. You do have to microwave them for about 10 sec which I have found eliminates the sugar alcohol taste. By far the best protein bar out there!
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    I like them. The numbers on them (protein, fat, calories etc) are great. But it is hit or miss depending on taste. And it does seem that it's one of the cases of "you either like them or you don't, no in between". I recommend the cookies and cream one also.

I think you're going to have to find a way to get a bar or two to try and see if you like them to determine if it's worth it.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough best. The cookies and cream is not what I expected, but I have a box of them... so I will be eating them for a while!
  • phantasmagical
    phantasmagical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you don't quest, you're never going to get your XP up and hit that next level.

Word! This is my favorite post of the day.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    chocolate chip cookie dough, 10 sec in the microwave

/thread
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

^^^THIS!!!!!!!!
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I like some of them. The chocolate cookie dough and the white chocolate/strawberry are my favorites. The apple pie one is good also, as well as the cashew flavor. I hated the chocolate chunk flavor and gave all of mine to my mother...

Would love to try to chocolate cookie (oreo) ones, but I'm kinda of getting sick of them...

They are only good when heated, in my opinion.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I hated the apple pie flavor and refused to try any others, thinking they would all be nasty.

Then I needed a new protein bar because everything else has chicorry root in it and my digestive track cannot handle that. I went back to try some other flavors of quest.

So far:
    Chocolate chip cookie dough - absolute favortie, especially heated a bit (5-10 seconds)
    Cookies and cream - 2nd fav
    Strawberry cheesecake - not bad but not as good as the above two
    Chocolate peanut butter - not a huge fan of this one but I didn't try heating it up. It had more of a texture issue and drier than the other three, reminded me of the apple pie

Everyone I know likes the cookie dough and cookies and cream. Maybe start with those?
  • sammer825
    sammer825 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    white chocolate raspberry is where its at! that one is amazing. cookies and cream one is awesome too. ive tried a bunch, never microwaved them though, the guy at gnc says the microwave breaks down the proteins?? but the only one i didnt like was the cinnamon roll. i had to choke that guy down.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    white chocolate raspberry is where its at! that one is amazing. cookies and cream one is awesome too. ive tried a bunch, never microwaved them though, the guy at gnc says the microwave breaks down the proteins?? but the only one i didnt like was the cinnamon roll. i had to choke that guy down.

The lady at GNC told me to toss them in the oven. I said I heard a bunch of people microwave them and she didn't say anything about it breaking down proteins. She insisted I put them in the oven. I was nah, micro works much faster. LOL
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I like Cookies n Cream, Choc Peanut Butter, Almond one, white raspberry..
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Nope, not worth the cost in my opinion.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I really dislike both the taste and texture of them. YMMV.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a delicious treat...then quest bars aren't it. BUT if you're looking for a decent tasting snack with great macros, then quest bars are awesome. I love coconut cashew, chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate peanut butter. There are certainly more delicious protein bars (mmmm cliff builder bars!), but you definitely pay for that taste with calories.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    love them before a workout, gives me a nice kick of energy and keeps me full until dinner =)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    White chocolate raspberry I like the best. I didn't like the cookies and cream that much.

IMHO worth the price for the protein and fiber, and the calorie count is not bad at less than 200/bar.

You can get them cheaper if you order them direct from Quest.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    The cookie dough flavor is absolutely ADDICTIVE.