Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    do you want this?

if so, you should already be motivated.

Yup.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Only you can motivate yourself. Do you want a better life or not? If you do then get off your butt and just do it. The first step is the hardest but gets easier the more steps you take.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    do you want this?

if so, you should already be motivated.
    exactly.
    none of us internet strangers are going to have any effect on you.

either you'll get up and do something, or you won't.

one of the two options is going to render positive results. You choose.

False. The motivation of those who chose to reply and send positive, encouraging thoughts did have an effect. Thanks to all you who shared mantras and quotes and compliments. I really do appreciate it and have towed myself to the gym, where I currently am. Being a badass isn't going to happen on its own. Back to it!

If you need someone to treat you like crap to motivate you, go watch anything with Jillian Michaels in it.

I'm one of those weirdos who can self-motivate.
  • elonpat
    elonpat Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'2 294lbs and I will get this weight off. I am 25 and let me be your motivation cause if I can do it, you can too
  • donohoe4
    donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    -To achieve something you’ve never had before, you must do something you’ve never done before.

-Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.

-You want results, then train like it

Love these and "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it" is one of my favorites!
  • white__wizard
    white__wizard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It doesn't actually matter whether or not you feel like doing it. You do it in spite of not feeling like doing it.
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So I find a lot of the mentality around "if you really want this, you'd already be motivated" to be ridiculous. Is it a crime to need support in what is a physically and emotionally trying journey? Everybody loses motivation at times and like one poster said " you do it anyway". Totally. And I don't "need" anyone to treat me like crap to accomplish my goals. I've already hit my goal and did so without ever truly being overweight, but because I desired better health and a trimmer physique. I'm plenty capable and aware of this as I sit 17 lbs lighter.

Here's an idea: if you have nothing helpful to add, comment elsewhere. Thank you for all the feedback otherwise. I really appreciate the majority MFP members and support.
  • spacelump
    Options
    It doesn't actually matter whether or not you feel like doing it. You do it in spite of not feeling like doing it.

Truth!
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I have kids older than you.

I had open heart surgery seventeen weeks ago.

I still hit the weights three days a week.

I still run five days a week.

You really want to be out-worked by my old *kitten*?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    So I find a lot of the mentality around "if you really want this, you'd already be motivated" to be ridiculous. Is it a crime to need support in what is a physically and emotionally trying journey? Everybody loses motivation at times and like one poster said " you do it anyway". Totally. And I don't "need" anyone to treat me like crap to accomplish my goals. I've already hit my goal and did so without ever truly being overweight, but because I desired better health and a trimmer physique. I'm plenty capable and aware of this as I sit 17 lbs lighter.

Here's an idea: if you have nothing helpful to add, comment elsewhere. Thank you for all the feedback otherwise. I really appreciate the majority MFP members and support.

cool story. glad you hit the gym.

tumblr_inline_mj5ab3dTSi1qz4rgp.gif
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My motivation comes from reading posts. Whether I need to get off my *kitten* or want to keep from eating junk.
  • spacelump
    Options
    Aww catty men on the internet. How secure you must be.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Next time, start a thread where you basically just want to be motivated the exact way too want to be motivated. And then get all catty and high and mighty when people contribute what works for them on that particular day.

Oh, wait.

And congrats on making it to the gym!
  • spacelump
    Options
    Good advice. Thaaankks! :)))