Quick weight loss

Options
I have been doing well losing weight the healthy way to date and I'm pleased that I've kept it off, it has definitely become a lifestyle for me. However, I've got a big event coming up October 29th and I want to look my best, how can I lose weight fast? Even if it is a quick fix! I know starving myself won't work (not that I could do that anyway!) and I know that I can lose water weight by keeping fluids up and reducing my sodium intake but is there ANY tips you could give me? Theres a dress that I reeeeeaallly want to fit into! Hehe, please help me xx

Replies

• Nic24
    Nic24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

The only way I know is the cabbage soup diet, but it is only a quick fix. I lost 8 pounds in one week and lost an inch and a half but it didnt last long. The website for it is http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com.

Hope this helps.

Nic
    x
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    steam room the hell out of yourself a couple hours before the event but remember to keep hydrated.
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    oh awesome thanks x
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    The Dukan diet is good for a quick fix but its hard work and difficult to keep up. Having done the cabbage soup its not for the faint hearted either. I'd go down the Spanx road myself, magic knickers can make you drop a dress size and way less stressful. Good luck.
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    I'd echo the Dukan diet as a short term quick fix, it's quite a healthy option as well, but hard work.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I think that with any quick fix, the weight is bound to come back (at least some of it). You have 4 weeks to lose some weight. I would just say drink a TON of water & bump up the cardio.
  • marshall153
    Options
    H_82, that is very true! Maybe I should just keep up my routines but add a little extra cardio! Thanks and I'm just about to check out the Dukan Diet :)

Thank you all x
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    Find a place that does body wraps, the wrap will help pull extra water out, I have heard from friends who went down 1 or 2 dress sizes from one treatment... but its not going to last as the water will add up again. Good luck.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much weight you need to lose in order to fit into that dress....but just being on this site for the last 3 weeks has helped me lose 5lbs. I know it doesn't sound like a lot (and it's not, really), but it's made a BIG difference in the way my jeans fit. You can do it, I have faith in ya ;)
  • marshall153
    Options
    Aw thanks so so much guys! I'm feeling pretty confident :D
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Wit 4 weeks to go, pilates might help too. With that, it's not so much losing the weight that it will help with, it will help lengthen the muscles underneath and give you a better shape. I've heard great things about the wraps too for a quick, non lasting fix. And they aren't going to make you gain anything but water weight back - no messing with your metabolism. As for the quick fix diets, I'm not sure how much luck you'll have with them only because most of the weight they do take off is water and if you've been at this for a while, hopefully, you aren't carrying too much more.
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    I would say you've come this far and learnt new habits - why change that. Just up the exercise some more and yep invest in a body wrap or some spanx xxx
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    The Dukan diet is good for a quick fix but its hard work and difficult to keep up. Having done the cabbage soup its not for the faint hearted either. I'd go down the Spanx road myself, magic knickers can make you drop a dress size and way less stressful. Good luck.

hahaha magic knickers....love it. I've got an event too at the end of the month but I've done those quick fixes and they scrw with your metabolism. Up you water, lower you carbs, especially those simple carbs and increase the cardio.