Always hungry?

Options
2»

Replies

• MummatoSkye
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I knew that majority of my calories were coming from carbs and snacks. I'm just a bit unsure on what to cook to get more protein. I am not a big meat eater, I like turkey and chicken and that is about it. Again with the veg, Ill buy lots of veg but have no idea what else to put with it. By the way the stir frys I make always have plenty of veg in.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Up your protein & fat intake is one!

Second add more yummy fruit & veg to your diet!

Fill up on healthy snack throughout the day.... Almond nuts are great... Raw carrot sticks, celery, chopped fruit to snack on!

Try and use your calories wisely ..... Have more filling dense foods that fill you up for longer.

Peanut butter is great... I love it with my oats in the mornings : )
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you just keep on thinking about food.
  • mcspiffy88
    mcspiffy88 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Switch your complex carbs to veggies. These are the good carbs you need, they are less calorie rich and filled with vitamins and minerals.

Keep in mind that complex carbs like pastry/bread/rice get digested quickly and dont stall hunger for very long, however veggies do. These are however good to consume straight after your workout to get your blood sugar up and runing again. If you dont work out its a safe bet to skip them all together if you can muster the strength.

A nice salad dinner usually does the trick with some olive oil + tuna/chicken for protein.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I knew that majority of my calories were coming from carbs and snacks. I'm just a bit unsure on what to cook to get more protein. I am not a big meat eater, I like turkey and chicken and that is about it. Again with the veg, Ill buy lots of veg but have no idea what else to put with it. By the way the stir frys I make always have plenty of veg in.

Some of my favorite go-to foods for protein are Greek yogurt (I especially like the Yoplait 100-calorie stuff), jerky (I buy the low sodium kind), hard boiled eggs, protein shakes and bars, tuna, string cheese, almonds or peanut butter (though they have more fat than protein), and milk.

I'm not a big meat eater, either. I've increased the portions of what I do like, though, and chicken and turkey are great protein sources. I also really don't like fish but try to include it once or twice a week in some form.

Check out some lists of vegetarian protein sources, too. There are lots of ways to boost your numbers without meat! :flowerforyou:
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Another good source of protein is 1% fat cottage cheese.
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The thing that has worked best for me is preparing meals in advance. On Sunday afternoon I make a vegetable quiche with whatever veggies I want/have/like and about 3 eggs and 6 egg whites. After this bakes and cools I cut it into 8 servings and store in my fridge. I usually eat one for breakfast and take one to work for an morning/afternoon snack.

I also make protein muffins (bodybuilding.com) and take those for a morning or afternoon snack.

Prep ahead of time cottage cheese and strawberries (chopped/sliced if you like strawberries or other berry) about three at a time and grab that and throw in the lunch box.

I also make Jamie Eason's turkey meatloaf muffins (sounds gross but its yummy) or turkey burger to eat for lunch.

Just a few ideas but being prepared ahead of time has really helped me not get off track. Good Luck.
  • Rynay
    Rynay Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For me, personally, I find that when I eat more sugar and carb rich foods, I stay hungry all the time. I usually try to eat more protein and stay away from sugar / carbs because it always leaves me feeling hungry and wanting more and more. I usually try to eat foods like eggs, beans, cottage cheese, lean chicken and turkey, etc. Hope this helped. :smile: