How to deal with not working out ?

Yeah you read that title right. Let me explain. I'm having DOMS(search it up if you don't know that this is, it's essential to know when working out regularly) and I physically can't workout. However, I really want to workout. How do you deal with off days or days when you can't workout?

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    well, if it's a lift day, I put on my big boy underwear and go get it done.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    I do my warm up and try to see if I'll have any issues lifting my working weight. If my legs are too sore, I make it an ab&arm day and I might walk a little bit.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I work what doesn't hurt (or isn't being affected by the essential to know DOMS), or if it all hurts that bad, I take a rest day.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    I guess I've never had DOMS so bad that I couldn't do any sort of workout. I have a day off in between lift days to give my muscles a little recovery time, but I usually find that some stretching or light cardio gets rid of most of my soreness.

However, if you're really that sore, don't do a routine that might allow your muscle soreness to compromise your form or your safety. As others have said, work other parts of your body that don't hurt or take a rest day. There's nothing wrong with a rest day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Well, it depends. Today my quads are killing me and walking is torture, so I did a arms/back/chest workout. Otherwise if my legs are fine I go for a walk or something.