My Favorite Worst Picture *pics*

Options
In September of 2012, a few months before I started logging on MFP, I went to a baseball game. During a very, very long rain delay, I took some selfies of myself and my son. I did not post them to facebook. Here's why:

September2012Baseball_zps9cefe73c.jpg

Well, that's a crappy picture. So I tried again. And again. But they were all the same, because that's what I looked like, and I think it's a pretty accurate depiction of how I felt. Bloated, uncomfortable, tired. I was squeezed so tight into that seat in Wrigley Field. It was not a fun game.

Fast-forward 18 months of logging every day, running, and starting to lift. A few nights ago, I took my son back to Wrigley to see the Pirates. He took a picture of me, just one. I asked him to send it to me without even looking at it, because I knew I would like it. Here's why:

PhotosThroughApril2014036_zpsf82fecb4.jpg

I don't even like baseball, and I'm already looking forward to going to another game next year :)

ETA: a few people asked what I did, so let me put it here. I just logged all my food, every day. I eat what I like, and just try to fit it all into my macros. I weigh a lot of my food on a kitchen scale to be accurate. I use TDEE-20%, so I eat 2,000 calories a day and don't eat back my exercise cals. I got into running via C25K, and started strength training this fall.

Good luck, everyone, you can do it!

Replies

• casperkawa
    casperkawa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look great. Congrats!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Awesome achievement! How long did it take you? What would you say the one thing that worked best for you?

You look amazing!!!:smile:
  • Lusy21
    Lusy21 Posts: 1
    Options
    You look amazing! Great Job!!!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Awesome achievement! How long did it take you? What would you say the one thing that worked best for you?

You look amazing!!!:smile:

Thank you so much. I've been logging for about 18 months, and that's the thing that worked best for me- logging everything, every day. I eat whatever I want, as long as it fits my macros, get plenty of protein and just keep at it.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Holy schmoley, you look like a different person! Fabulous job!
  • MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! A completely different person.
  • HelloSweetie81
    HelloSweetie81 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • happyindian
    happyindian Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wht an amazing transformation!!! wow...
  • 2cBill
    2cBill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Woah thanks for sharing. Insane!
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Awesome!!! Congrats!! :)
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You are the picture of success!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    You're definitely a new you. Congratulations!
  • ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You look so AMAZING!!
    Thanks for sharing:smile:
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Love this! And the fact that you're doing it right makes it even more awesome!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    your nice smile is the same in both pics… you look great. Nice work and thanks for sharing.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful and an awesome story, too!
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • kezzie88
    kezzie88 Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow congratulations!! you look amazing well done! I love success stories, they keep me motivated!:smile::smile:
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!
  • AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Incredible job! :) You're such an insperation!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!