Hey All!

Options
HEY ALL, So I'm New to Fitness Pal, But Day 2 and I'm Loving it!...Any Tips you can send my way would be greatly apprectiated!
Thank You,

Replies

• squishyfishy
    Options
    Hey Danielle, welcome to MFP, I'm new here too (day 3) but loving it so far.

I would say to be honest with yourself and put everything in your diary
    weigh and measure everything
    try eating form smaller plates so you don't pile so much on
    drink plenty water
    Try lots of different types of exercise till you find something you love, its easier to find the motivation for something fun.
    Set yourself small targets like 7lbs at a time and treat yourself when you get there.
    Don't deny yourself those little treats it'll just make you want them more, everything is ok in moderation.

Good luck
    Audrye
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Water, drink lot of it. It helps flush your body, keeps you full, and no calories. Good luck!
  • MAbbate
    MAbbate Posts: 46
    Options
    Welcome new MFP friend! I am sure you will LOVE this site. People are very nice . . . they offer so much support, encouragement, helpful advice and tips and the recipes are pretty awesome, too! I have only been doing this for a month, but I am finding it to be such a great tool. I would say the most important tips are to log in everything that goes past your lips and drink as much water as you possibly can. I find that when I want to munch between meals, if I drink a glass of water and wait 10 minutes or so, the feeling usually goes away. Also, keep MOVING! Find some exercise that you enjoy (walking, jumping rope, swimming, biking, or any exercise DVD, etc that is out there) and just keep moving.
    Wishing you the best of luck in your weight loss journey. Take one day at a time and set reasonable goals. Reward yourself (with smaller clothes, not food!) when you reach each mini goal. Have fun and remember that this is a lifestyle change...not a diet! Feel free to "friend" me if you wish! Take care~
    Marlene