Forgetting When Too Busy To Eat?

Options
Am I the only one that forgets to eat when busy? Don't get me wrong I have a PHD in eating which is why I'm here.

I've always had an issue when I get busy sometimes I get hungry but can't pull away for what ever reason and the hunger feeling goes away then the next thing you know I'm realizing I haven't eaten all day beside a black coffee and wanting to eat everything in sight since I'm starving obviously.

4 days into getting back on the wagon after plumping up I've really had a hard time with this. I eat in the morning before I head out to work, I try to plan on a snack a couple hours later, then lunch, snack, dinner. What kills me is I get breakfast and then next thing you know it's already a late lunch that I ant to eat everything to feel full, which ruins my whole planned meals.

What makes this difficult is by the time I get around to eating or realize it's been too long the food I have isn't enough. Is there some foods that would keep my fuller longer? My breakfast is cereal and yogurt basically then I try to plan on some egg whites and a v8 energy for a snack.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Pat

Replies

• Yes, it can be easy to forget to eat when you are busy and have your mind on other things, and/or in a stressful environment.

Egg Whites are not filling …… that's I what think anyway! They can be a little time consuming to prepare, but that's just my thoughts. Snap sugar peas are loaded with fibre and nutrition and fun to snack on, also some raw almonds or any type of almonds (great for protein) and apples are fantastic. I find apples are good for getting that full feeling and good to keep you going til the next meal. Just a few suggestions. If you prepare the snacks the night before you head out in the morning.

:smile: :smile:

Sounds like you are doing a great job.

P.S. The fun part of setting weight loss goals is that we get to eat some foods that we wouldn't necessarily normally eat …. and our taste buds become sensitized to real food.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I can forget to eat, but it's counterproductive for weight/body composition goals, because forgetting to eat = getting really hungry = temptation to overeat
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I know I want to eat when I'm not busy (just sitting around) and eat less when I'm busy.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking of this yesterday. My co-worker gets too busy and forgets to eat. I never have that problem though. I always am the one telling her I'm hungry lets go to lunch!!

Be sure your meals include protein and fiber that will fill you up longer. Cold breakfast cereal keeps me full for about 10 minutes. I find it also helps to keep a good stock of easy to eat snacks on hand.
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I'm still experimenting with what to eat to get me through those long runs I can't rely on getting a food break in. I'm thinking of making some egg whites with some mushrooms and broccoli for breakfast to help fill me.

I'll have to try almonds as well. Besides pisastios I'm not a huge nut guy but they me be similar nutritionally pisastios will do the trick! Reading my first post I don't know what the hell I was smoking, it didn't make much since but I'm glad some fellow MFP's were able to translate my horrific question. Basically what foods keep you fullest the longest.

I got some great info, thanks so much!
    Pat
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yep. Especially when I'm drinking black coffee. It curbs my hunger and I totally forget. The way I solved this was eating by the clock. I would back hard boiled eggs and pre made protein shakes and when a certain time hit I'd eat/drink it. My food intake is generally pretty light until late afternoon/evening and I prefer it that way.