Running shoes for HIGH arches???

I have very high arches! Anyone have high arches and recommend a certain brand of running shoes? I'm currently wearing Brooks!
Thanks!

Replies

• andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    I have the opposite problem but I am sold on New Balance. If you go to the store they will tell you the best type for your foot and make kinds for all foot types.
  • PolizziJ
    PolizziJ Posts: 1 Member
    Nike has great shoes for high arches. I was recommended them by a store that analyzes foot shape and walking/running gait.
  • cowgirlqueen
    cowgirlqueen Posts: 466 Member
    I also have a really high arch. and I have found that surprisingly mens shoes are the best. I was suffering with really bad pain while working out. I was sick of it. so I tried on mens shoes after trying on every single pair of ladies with no luck..... and now im happy and pain free :bigsmile:
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    I have very high arches! Anyone have high arches and recommend a certain brand of running shoes? I'm currently wearing Brooks!

What don't you like about the Brooks?

You might look into using Superfeet insoles, the green model.
  • wow...I never thought to go into the mens' department but I can see where they would have more support. Thank you.
  • I swear by Nike. My feet have "mutant arches" hahahaha...a podiatrist laughed once after putting his half fist into the arch and making me PROMISE never to wear flip flops. I'll spread that advice to all with high arches. Do you all add arch support to your shoes after market or are you happy with the support inside the sneakers?
  • salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Same with me - ridiculousy high arches. I have worn Brooks (Ghost 6) before, but they started giving me blisters. Now in Asics (Kinsei 5) and Misunos (Wave Rider 17). Haven't worn the Misunos out on a long run due to an injury, but I love the support.

Used to LOVE my Newtons, but my achilles can't take them any more and the Doc says no to them for my foot and my running style - I run on the balls of my feet like Tigger.

I had the Superfeet, but my doctor has since given me orthodics for my running shoes. Much better than the store orthos, and definitely better than generic superfeet. I would highly recommend with a significant arch.

Good luck!
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    I have very high arches (and wide feet :grumble: ) and have switched over to Brooks GTS and love them. I'm on my third pair now. Previously I was wearing Mizuno Wave Alchemy which were really good too. Definitely prefer Brooks though.