Why you should do this...DON'T GIVE UP! NSV!

Options
tjsoccermom
tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
I had the best evening and thought I would share as I know sometimes we all have rough, I want to throw in the towel kind of days and if this encourages just one person to not do that, then my sharing was all worth it. Anyway...on to the story.

I work part time at a wonderful YMCA in southern OH. I have worked there for 7 years in our membership department and front desk. We have recently hired some "engagement coaches"...they will be trying to get new members going onto their fitness path. Something I would love to do but they are just part time positions and I can't fit them in with my full time job. A new member came in to meet with one of the coaches and my director made sure that I talked with her as well as she is just so impressed with my weight loss and fitness that I have achieved. She also gave me the phone number of someone that she has met that is struggling with her motivation, as she wanted to see if I could help her along. To have her put that kind of faith in me just speaks volumes. And I still have 50 lbs to lose. I've been overweight the whole time I have worked here. I've had a few start and stop weight loss spurts where I may have lost 20 lbs on occasion and I've always felt bad that I was partially a "face" of our Y and yet didn't live the healthy lifestyle we promote. Now I feel like I can really talk about all that our Y has to offer and why you would want to be a part of it.

I also had 4 different people go out of their way to tell me how good I look this week. And one of the engagement coaches wants to "practice" on me because she wants my feedback. It's really incredible how great weight loss can make you feel, not only physically, but mentally as well. I've been in such a good mood lately and it's partly because I'm feeling so much better about myself. I actually don't hate to look into the mirror. My husband actually catches me looking at my butt sometimes :blushing: I've been at this for 16 months now and every bite I have said "no" to, every work out that I sweated through, every sore muscle, every minute I didn't sleep in to work out, has all been so worth it!

So, point of the story is, keep going! Don't quit on yourself. You can do this because how you feel about yourself in the end is so worth it!:wink:

Replies

• ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Inspiring story!
    Thank You and Congrats on your loss :)
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    awesome for you!!! keep up the great work!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love your story! Thank you for sharing.

Great job on sticking with it too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!