Trying to start up again...

Options
So over the summer I lost 15 pounds on this diet plan and then I went back to school and completely disreguarded it, now I feel like I've been gaining my weight back, I need to get back in the game but I'm def gonna need some support cause there are so many temptations here at school.

Replies

• championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    If you keep up with MFP, make it your healthy lifestyle,you will reach your goal! Good luck and came to the right site!:bigsmile:
  • vivomatic
    Options
    I know how it feels to stall every now and then. In 2009 I lost 42 pounds working out and counting calories strictly. I still have 35 pounds to go. I went to Hawaii in February and when I came back I was so tired and burned out with my strict control that I took a "vacation" from calorie counting and exercise. Needless to say, it didn't take long to gain 17 pounds back, over the summer which was even worse. I joined MFP in August and have lost 8 of those pounds again. I LOVE food and will always struggle with cravings and indulging myself. Once you (and I) reach our goal weights, I think it will be easier because we won't have to be quite as restrictive...There will always be setbacks, two steps forward and one step back...but the IMPORTANT thing to remember is to keep going FORWARD! If you are down at the end of the year then you are moving in the right direction! Try to set mini goals, and don't expect to lose weight on Holiday weeks, just try to maintain during those times. If you feel like cheating, just log on and read some success stories for motivation. Good Luck!
  • smmarks
    smmarks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. When I went away to school I gained the freshmen 15, about 4 times over. Try to steer clear of the fatty stuff at the cafeteria and try to watch what and how much you drink. There are a lot of empty calories there. Also, try and stay active, grab a friend and go for a walk/jog or join a class at the Y. That will really help keep you on track! Feel free to write if you need some support. Good luck and keep up the good work!