Tummy Troubles

Options
Hi Friends,

I am currently weighing 165 (My S.W was 197) [32 pound lost, nevermind my ticker I restarted it once I sort of fell off band wagon] and I am 5'6.

I know I am not the skinnest girl and that honestly not even consider "healthy" according to my bmi. I am content with my results overrall I am aiming to bring the scale to 160 and hopefully staying there maybe dropping another 5 to 10 pounds depending on how I am looking (I'll cross that bridge when I get there)

However MY TUMMY could use a nice make over!!! I am not looking for abs or anything grand but would like a flat tone belly (Is that too much to ask for =/ )

Any special exercise, foods, etc I can do to bring it down a bit!?!?!?!?!

My before when I started in April and my after that I took yesterday

MyCollage.png

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    A really clean diet and a good strength regimen. Even if you don't want abs, it's best to work them so when your tummy is flat, you're not flabby on your belly and toned everywhere else. Try a Jillian work out if you haven't! They're usually a good overall workout with cardio & strength combined so you could do it everyday if you have the energy! :happy: As for diet... try to really cut down on your sugar AS MUCH as possible. Sugar is the main belly attacker from what I understand. They say "abs are made in the kitchen", by that they mean foods you eat. Try to cut down on processed foods (anything in a box, typically) and eat LOTS of veggies. I know a lot of people say for fruits, you can eat as many as you'd like and I used to think that way but now I'm trying to keep my sugar low (but not too low because that would be impossible on my budget! :happy:) so I typically try to only eat about one fruit a day or if I have to eat multiple fruits, they're usually low sugar such as berries - blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, raspberries. Berries are also great for your immune system because they have a ton of antioxidants in them so try to fit those into your diet anyway!

That's all I've got for now. :] I would say just look at the girls on your friends list who have flat bellies and check out their food diaries!
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You can try these: I do 3 different ones 50 reps each, 3 times a week. So I use 6-9 different ones.
    sit ups
    crunches
    ball crunches
    reverse sit ups ball/bench
    leg elevations
    elevated bicycles
    back extensions
    ball toss crunch
    stabilized leg extensions
    any kind of stomach machine
    elevated sit up
    This was the regimen my fitness trainer put me on. She says that the stomach is so hard to get back in shape because all the fat is stored on top of the muscle. So you have to work all those little muscles to burn the fat away. She also said that this will be the first place that you see loss of definition. So, no worries about being built if you just do the minimum.
    Good luck!
  • annaatlp84
    Options
    Jillian Michaels all the way!!! She definitely targets your whole body and your core is no exception. Tae-bo is also great for those days when you don't want to do as many floor exercises.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    1. Be more consistent in logging everything that goes in your mouth. Saw a few blank days.

2. If you're skipping meals, stop. If you are panicking and eating too little on some days, stop. You need energy throughout the day and need your metabolism working so eat you 3 meals (BLD) and 2 snacks.

3. Looking at your body frame in your pictures you may be more adapt to 125 to 135 lbs which will get rid of more of your abs.

4. I believe you are doing some good cardio but not sure if you are doing it 5 days a week minimum with 7 days optimal. Are you doing the minimum? If not start. Cycling and jogging do wonders for the love handles and thighs.

5. You probably know about most ab exercises that require crunching, raising, etc.. so those are part of the process but do you know of core exercises. See the following video (after the commercial) for some examples of core building for abs: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7jt5g_six-pack-abs-rock-hard-abs_lifestyle
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, you probably know you can't spot reduce any one part of your body, lowering overall body fat is the only way to get rid of belly fat. I have heard that lowering stress levels help, though, so you mind want to think about if this is an issue in your life.
    Otherwise, just stick with your program and you'll get there, you look great!
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    Wow, What a difference. Good Job. I agree that rotating out different ab workouts will help. or maybe up your cardo to burn more. Good luck.