Just reached "normal" BMI

Options
hkristine1
hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
sorry folks - no pictures... but am feeling super happy. Went from pretty high in the "overweight" BMI category down to "normal." I still have a ways to go to my goal weight - but this is a milestone!

Replies

• knot_enough
    knot_enough Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    thats great! but don't put too much stock in bmi. it doesn't account for body composition.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the bmi scale but it still feels good to be in the healthy range!
  • hkristine1
    Options
    Yeah... I know it's not the end-all, be-all... but it's nice to have another indicator of progress.
  • knot_enough
    knot_enough Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to take away from your accomplishment. It still is an accomplishment and you are very much in the right direction. Congratulations on that!!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Yay! :drinker:
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, I'm looking forward to that milestone myself.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! It took me quite a lot of work to get to that stage. I'm now almost in the "athletic" category for a woman my size and that is yet another milestone I hope to reach. Keep up the great work!!!
    p.s. remember to reward yourself nicely for this one!!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    OOO I want that! Congrats to you!!! :)
  • MissBounceUK
    MissBounceUK Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good work - well done!!! :-)
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching "normal". That's fantastic.

However, I'm surprised that you still want to lose 27 more pounds, if you're already in the "normal" range...
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Yay you! Congrats.
  • hkristine1
    Options
    Congrats on reaching "normal". That's fantastic.

However, I'm surprised that you still want to lose 27 more pounds, if you're already in the "normal" range...

I don't know how it all works - maybe it's because I'm tall, but I did the calculation at my "goal" weight, and it would still be in the "normal" range - not in the "underweight" range... and not even at the very bottom of "normal" ... I dunno... I'm hoping for another 20-27 lbs... we'll see how it goes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!