Need fat loss advice!!

Hey guys. I made a New Years resolution to get back into shape. I am a 20 year old female, 5'8" and started at 150lbs. Since the new year I have been in the gym 6 days a week and tracking everything I eat. I do cardio 6 days a week, usually for 50 minutes but sometimes only for 30. I lift weights 5 days a week and I like to think I'm pretty strong. The issue: in the past 3 or so months I have only lost about 6lbs. I know I have put on some muscle but I just haven't lost fat the way I had hoped. I net about 1300 calories per day and eat very clean. I know that isn't enough to build muscle but my main focus is on losing fat. Does anybody have recommendations for me? 6lbs lost in 3 months, in the gym for 2 hours a day most days and eating very well and low calories.. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried calculating my BMR to see what my daily consumption should be but I get very different answers from all these online calculators. If anyone has any ideas as to why I'm not losing fat quicker, please help me out! Thanks!

Replies

• MemphisHellFire
    MemphisHellFire Posts: 38 Member
    hey, sounds like your eating too little? 1300 isnt enough for all the training you do, try eating a little more say 1500?, also eat smaller meals more often. try interval training when you do cardio, interval training is basically high intense and low intense, for example on the treadmill i do 30 seconds flat out sprint (ask someone at the gym to watch your technique) and then about 60 seconds walk/jog. this is an awesome way to get your weight loss back on track.
    also eat plenty of raw fruit and veg !!
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    If your goal is to lose fat have you had your BFP properly tested? You're quite tall so I don't imagine you look fat for your weight? Why don't you aim at lowering your BFP?
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Your just not eating enough!

I would say eat 1600 calories a day, then do your normal workouts as usual.

I would try upping your protein, drinking more water, eating fruits and veggies and see how the scale looks in the next couple of weeks. Don't give up!!