Jackie Warner and Thintervention

Options
I'm not crazy about the show (don't like the drama) but she tells people they should be losing four to eight pounds a week.

Huh?

Replies

• baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    HUH is right? Did she offer any suggestions on how to accomplish that one? I'm rolling over with pride if I lose 2 pounds every 2nd week. Let me know her secret :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • soultrain1913
    soultrain1913 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan. The first couple of episodes she said they were on 1300 calorie diets and their workouts should burn no less than 500 calories. So with that she said they should be losing about a pound a day.
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    She works them like maniacs and has them slash calories like crazy.

If you think about it, if you go from 3000 calories a day to 1400, you're gonna see huge weight loss, and she does work with heavier people.

What I gotta get is that smoothie recipe they drink. That looked so so good,

The value in the show is watching how she makes them train. She is vicious. But God bless 'em, her trainees get it done.

If they can, I can.
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    Options
    I'm a fan. The first couple of episodes she said they were on 1300 calorie diets and their workouts should burn no less than 500 calories. So with that she said they should be losing about a pound a day.

Ahhh... makes sense. I sort of figured it had to be a serious reduction in calories. Do you know anything about that smoothie? I'm going to go to Bravo's website and see if I can't find it there.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I watched it for the first time last night and I can understand if they lose that much weight a week. They have a reduced calorie diet and she works them out really good. What I liked about last night was the way she showed the guy how to get a good workout even if they have an injury. I loved what she had them do with the ball and pushups. That's on Mitch Gaylords workout.

You'd be surprised what you can do even without running our jumping. So kudo's to her workouts but I feel sorry for the low cal diet.

I would love to find the smoothie recipe too.
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    Options
    I'm searching for the recipe now. If I find it, I'll let you know and post it.

The ball and push ups were good. I'm gonna try those tonight and hope to God I don't make an *kitten* out of myself. :-p
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    Options
    If you go to cookeatshare.com (Jackie Warner's official website), you'll find a truckload of smoothie recipes there.

I found the one below on another website and it said it was the Thintervention recipe. I don't know about that spinach... and what are they mixing all this stuff with? Just the fruit???

As shared by Jackie Warner on Thintervention.
    INGREDIENTS
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 teaspoon Glutamine Powder
    1 teaspoon BCAA powder
    1 tablespoon L. Carnitine
    1/2 tablespoon Flax Seed Oil
    1 cup of spinach with fruit
    DIRECTIONS
    Mix every thing together in the blender. Blend. Drink.
  • fitnewlife
    Options
    You'll be fine and amazed at how it works your core and your arms. I'm also going to try the up and down things they were doing in the gym.
    I'm searching for the recipe now. If I find it, I'll let you know and post it.

The ball and push ups were good. I'm gonna try those tonight and hope to God I don't make an *kitten* out of myself. :-p
  • fitnewlife
    Options
    I noticed they put the spinach in the blender but I didn't catch the fruit. I'll have to watch it again tonight since I fell asleep. I record each episode so I should be good. [
    quote]
    If you go to cookeatshare.com (Jackie Warner's official website), you'll find a truckload of smoothie recipes there.

I found the one below on another website and it said it was the Thintervention recipe. I don't know about that spinach... and what are they mixing all this stuff with? Just the fruit???

As shared by Jackie Warner on Thintervention.
    INGREDIENTS
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 teaspoon Glutamine Powder
    1 teaspoon BCAA powder
    1 tablespoon L. Carnitine
    1/2 tablespoon Flax Seed Oil
    1 cup of spinach with fruit
    DIRECTIONS
    Mix every thing together in the blender. Blend. Drink.
    [/quote]
  • soultrain1913
    soultrain1913 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes I liked that Up/Down thing they did too. I bet that really works. I'm just trying to figure out what I can use in my house to do it. The sofa would be too high, right???
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen this show, but I did used to watch "The Workout" - a show about her gym in L.A.
    She strikes me as someone who knows what she is doing and wouldn't jeopardize peoples health... As someone already pointed out, she's working with people who are normally eating 3000 calories...maybe PER MEAL. Same as Biggest Loser - Of course if you restrict to 1200 calories when your body is sued to eating in excess of 6000 calories a day, you will see HUGE weight loss.

Thanks for the link to her recipe page!

ETA: I found this link and in her first quote she says it's not realistic to lose 30 pounds a month, but safe to lose 1-2 pounds a month.
    http://www.celebritydietdoctor.com/jackie-warner-shares-diet-tips-thintervention/
  • fitnewlife
    Options
    I'm gonna try my coffee table because it's really sturdy.
    Yes I liked that Up/Down thing they did too. I bet that really works. I'm just trying to figure out what I can use in my house to do it. The sofa would be too high, right???
  • cjemtegaard
    Options
    I love Jackie Warner!! I am currently using her WORKOUT One on One training with Jackie video and it kicks my butt! She is a maniac but she knows what she is doing. That is awesome she has a new show. I will have to try and catch an episode online. We cut our cable, because we would just sit and watch hours on end. I really recommend her DVD, they actually filmed it on one of her last seasons of Workout. She has cut the video into three sections and you can customize you workout by doing either just one, a combo of two different ones, or all three. Keep up the good work y'all!! :wink:
  • hannah_lin
    Options
    I love her show. I find her very inspiring. Every time I want to cheat I just think of her getting mad at me, lol.
  • DarjeelingTeas
    DarjeelingTeas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party, but I hope this link help you out:

http://www.bravotv.com/thintervention-with-jackie-warner/season-1/videos/jackies-protein-shake

That episode shows her giving the instructions to the shake.

What isn't included is the 6-8oz of water that's added :)
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes i totally love Jackie. I just bought her book yesterday. It has totally captured my attention. Great reading and info.
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just got her new book, too ('This is Why You're Fat') and finding it a good read. I've started following her food basics and the cardio intervals, and just started reading about her resistance plan. So far, the hardest part for me has been limiting my caffeine (coffee!!!) intake and becoming aware of how much sugar is in the things I normally eat - yikes! :noway: