Upper Body Gym Circuit Training

Options
I'm looking for good upper body circuit training workouts I can do at the gym. I've done P90X and love that but am tired of working out at home. Anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have a few suggestions you might be interested in:

1) There's a great workout program that I found on the Men's Fitness website that I like to use every now and then when I'm looking for a change. I don't know if you're a man or a woman, but when it comes to exercise that doesn't really matter. Here's the link: http://www.mensfitness.com/ylw/fitness/workout_routines/312

2) There's a great book called The New Rules of Lifting that is written by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove. There's also one called New Rules of Lifting for Women by the same authors. Both of these books will not only provide you with some great workout programs to follow, but they'll also give you the knowledge to design your own workouts if you want.

3) You said you did P90X. Try doing P90X style workouts at the gym. For instance, if the workout for the day on P90X is Chest and Back, go to the gym and do a solid hour's worth of alternating chest and back exercises. At the gym you don't have to be limited to pushups and pullups like you are at home. There are all kinds of options with the various kinds of equipment at a gym. Presses, flyes, rows, pulldowns, pullups, pushups, etc.

By the way, and this probably goes without saying, don't neglect the lower body. I'm sure that isn't your intention by only asking about upper body circuits, but I see a LOT of people that work only their upper body and don't do anything for their lower body.

Hope that helps.
  • apeman
    apeman Posts: 82
    Options
    Excellent. Feedback. Thank you. The Mens Health workout is pretty extensive but it gives me some ideas. I might be able to build my own with that.