Takeaway advice needed!

Options
luca15306
luca15306 Posts: 108 Member
Going to our friends house for a takeaway...Most likely Chinese I think!
Any advice on what to have to stay as sensible as possible?
We usually order and eat our own dishes (no sharing! lol)
I normally would have a chicken or vegetable dish and plan to have plain boiled rice with it, and probably a few prawn crackers, hoping to stay away from the sweet and sour chicken and extra chips if I can help it!

Any advice on healthier (?!) options is greatly appreciated, sticking to chicken or vegetable dishes!
Thanks in advance! I will try and be good!

Replies

• loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Eat well before and after, maybe try and fit an extra workout in and avoid sauces full of sugar. Other than that ENJOY YOURSELF
  • sarahcav123
    sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I usually cut out rice all together because per 100g it contains approx 350 calories, which i'd personally rather not consume. Each to their own obviously!
    Perhaps try a chicken chop suey - basically chicken and vegetables.
    Another idea is a vermicelli dish - while its not strictly speaking a chinese dish, you can often find it in many chinese takeaways.

But most of all, enjoy!! Moderation is key :)
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Chicken chow mein is what I would usually go for.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    For lower calories, I go for chop suey over chow mein as it's based on bean sprouts rather than noodles.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water because Chinese food is really salty and this can lead to water retention. Other than that, I'd say if this is a one off, to hell with the calorie counting for one day - enjoy yourselves!!
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If I know I will be doing this sort of thing I try and plan ahead.

Maybe extra exercise
    Or skip a meal
    Or eat slightly less
    Or spread out the excess calories as extra deficit over a few days
    Or "to hell with it" and just enjoy it

The main thing is to enjoy it
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Do a sicky....
  • luca15306
    Options
    Do a sicky....

Not sure what that means..?

Thanks so much for all your replies, yes! whatever I have I will enjoy it and try not to regret it too much after! Allowed a treat once and a while! Thanks again, all have a great weekend :)
  • eldamiano
    Options
    Do a sicky....

Not sure what that means..?

Thanks so much for all your replies, yes! whatever I have I will enjoy it and try not to regret it too much after! Allowed a treat once and a while! Thanks again, all have a great weekend :)

You have never heard of a sicky? You must have pulled one at school at least once....
  • luca15306
    Options
    As in don't go? I'm sure there are some better food choices I could make over not seeing my friends, I'll risk going over in calories a little to see them :) Was just asking if anyone knew of healthier choices for this food option, but thank you for your input :)

And actually...I never had a day off school ill, or a full day off school at all,
    got an award for 5 years 100% attendance at high school :)
  • eldamiano
    Options
    As in don't go? I'm sure there are some better food choices I could make over not seeing my friends, I'll risk going over in calories a little to see them :) Was just asking if anyone knew of healthier choices for this food option, but thank you for your input :)

And actually...I actually never had a day off school ill, or a full day off school at all,
    got an award for 5 years 100% attendance at high school :)

Dont believe you.... you have covered for it very well though....
  • luca15306
    Options
    of course its up to you whether you believe me or not... :)
    cant see why I would make something like that up, hardly seems worth it, I know its true :)