Is it time to maintain?

Hi maintainers. :flowerforyou:

Once being 100+ dude, I've been happily losing on MFP since December and managed to reach my goal (94->83,5kg), now am heading for my once unthinkable ultimate goal of hitting the 70s.
Last 90 days progress 90-81.5kg:
53954912_7924.jpg
Recently I've been thinking maybe it's time to change gears. What do You, more experienced guys, think?

Current situation:
53954912_3089.jpg
My profile should be public.
Sedentary desk-job in IT, 81.5 kg, 183cm, 29y, father of a 10-month-old, Ultimate Frisbee player (1-2 trainings per week), occasional runner (1-2 times a week +-5K in 30 or so minutes) and kettle bells (10+16kg, targeting the core) for +-20 minutes every 2nd day for almost a month now.
Trying to hit 1700-1800cals daily not caring much about macros so far.

I'll appreciate any advice, disregard or sarcastic remark that might point me in the correct way to go. :smile:

Replies

• runlilyrun
    runlilyrun Posts: 140
    Do you still have your calorie goal set at losing 1lb per week or whatever you've had it as before? Maybe dial it down a notch, so to half a lb per week?
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Hi maintainers. :flowerforyou:

Once being 100+ dude, I've been happily losing on MFP since December and managed to reach my goal (94->83,5kg), now am heading for my once unthinkable ultimate goal of hitting the 70s.
    Last 90 days progress 90-81.5kg:
    53954912_7924.jpg
    Recently I've been thinking maybe it's time to change gears. What do You, more experienced guys, think?

Current situation:
    53954912_3089.jpg
    My profile should be public.
    Sedentary desk-job in IT, 81.5 kg, 183cm, 29y, father of a 10-month-old, Ultimate Frisbee player (1-2 trainings per week), occasional runner (1-2 times a week +-5K in 30 or so minutes) and kettle bells (10+16kg, targeting the core) for +-20 minutes every 2nd day for almost a month now.
    Trying to hit 1700-1800cals daily not caring much about macros so far.

I'll appreciate any advice, disregard or sarcastic remark that might point me in the correct way to go. :smile:

based on the picture 2014 in my opinion slowly lean bulk to 85kgs, aiming for 1 lbs per month gain, slowly add calorie to ensure 1 lb gain per month... continue until you hit desired weight... great job!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Well done on your weight loss.

You don't look like you have much muscle mass however. Would say start a proper lifting routine (either instead of kettlebells or as well), either at maintenance calories until gains stall out, or a very small surplus.
    And start tracking your protein intake - had you done that during weight loss you might have retained more muscle. 1g per 1b of lean body mass is a very common recommendation.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Do you still have your calorie goal set at losing 1lb per week or whatever you've had it as before? Maybe dial it down a notch, so to half a lb per week?
    thanks for replying :smile: it's still at .5 kg a week so +-1 lb, current goal set by MFP 1720 cals, but have been hoovering between 81-82kg for a week or so. That's what got me thinking about switching..
    based on the picture 2014 in my opinion slowly lean bulk to 85kgs, aiming for 1 lbs per month gain, slowly add calorie to ensure 1 lb gain per month... continue until you hit desired weight... great job!
    Well done on your weight loss.

You don't look like you have much muscle mass however. Would say start a proper lifting routine (either instead of kettlebells or as well), either at maintenance calories until gains stall out, or a very small surplus.
    And start tracking your protein intake - had you done that during weight loss you might have retained more muscle. 1g per 1b of lean body mass is a very common recommendation.
    thanks :smile: I'm not shooting for much bulk though, just to lower BF% and a little definition wouldn't hurt :wink: heard the kettle bells are great to do just that (hard intensity, short time - that is).

regarding protein, I think I might add a little meat to my veggies then. :drinker: Though I don't feel like I've lost much muscle I had before. Certainly not in legs or arms - quite the opposite. Hope I don't fool myself there, but that's actually the good difference I've seen so far (not very visible in the photo). But there's still some fat to grab around my stomach I'd like to get rid off. Then I'm good.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Decided to up my cals to lose .25 kg/week. Got a juicy 1980 cals :tongue: Also will watch my protein from now on. Thanks for all your responses. :glasses: